Our client is a Queensland employer of choice who provides workers compensation insurance to over 160,000 Queensland businesses. As a Claims Advisor, no two days will be the same! You will be managing a portfolio of customers (industry aligned), developing strong working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders and effectively case managing worker’s compensation claims.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide proactive and sustainable Return to Work solutions for injured workers.
- Maintain regular and productive communication with all involved parties throughout the claims process (allied health providers, employers, and injured workers).
- Ensure all matters are handled within legislative requirements and in line with internal policies/procedures.
- Closely monitor claims, striving to achieve early return to work outcomes whilst providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Monitor, process and manage claims expenditure.
You will have extensive experience within a customer centric environment and enjoy working within a fast paced, detail-oriented environment that is outcomes focused. You will pride yourself on your ability to tailor your communication to your audience while having the confidence to manage a diverse stakeholder base.
This is an exciting time to be joining this organisation that truly values it people and focus heavily on internal professional development.
The following skills and experience will support your success in this role:
- Previous experience in a similar position (claims management, insurance, allied health, HR and injury management).
- An energetic and motivated approach to managing a diverse portfolio of accounts.
- Highly developed communication skills and ability to achieve positive outcomes through effective relationship management and negotiation with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong computer proficiency with the ability to adapt to new processes and systems.
- Adept at establishing priorities and managing multiple tasks with accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- An empathetic and customer focused approach which will allow you to ‘walk in our customer's shoes'.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and embrace ambiguity, in fast paced environments.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications within health, psychology, business or law are desirable.
- Competitive salary!
- Career advancement opportunities
- Strong workplace culture
- Flexible working arrangements