Help change veterans’ lives for the better.
RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with Queensland’s Defence family for 103 years, and has entered its second century of operations with renewed focus and vision. Their crucial welfare and well-being services are enriching the lives of contemporary veterans and their families through counselling, employment and homelessness services, education, rehabilitation and other programs and initiatives. They have also adopted cutting edge technologies to streamline operations and create opportunities for ongoing innovation.
Underpinning their welfare activities is funding from the RSL Art Union, the largest and most successful prize home lottery in Australia.
This is a rare opportunity to join a dynamic and progressive organisation and contribute to building a brighter future and enduring legacy for Australia’s veterans.
About the role
Reporting through to the Manager of Veterans Services Support, you will play a critical role within the business as the first point of contact for clients who are reaching out for assistance with pensions and wellbeing issues. You will be required to support your clients across a wide range of issues in the first instant by identifying and gaining a deeper understanding of their needs. You will be required to work closely with a variety of internal stakeholder groups to ensure that RSL Queensland’s clients are directed to the most appropriate person, so the correct support and assistance is given. On a daily basis you will be responsible for:
- Demonstrate the ability to uphold the RSL’s organizational Vision, Mission and Values;
- Maintain records of contacts received and follow up on any outstanding issues;
- Model good customer service skills both written and, on the telephone, and demonstrate the capacity to promptly respond to enquiries;
- Maintain positive working relationships with RSL (Queensland Branch) sub branches and districts, and provide assistance to Districts, Sub Branches and volunteers on Pension and Welfare training services. To also network with DVA staff and maintain good working relationships;
- Input details of all contacts into a recording system (Helpspot) to ensure the collection of timely and accurate data about client contact and to support the development of a call centre environment;
- ATDP training (or RPL) qualifications to Level 3 or some equivalent experience (necessary)
- Ability to show empathy and work in a highly sensitive and complex environment (necessary)
- Some understanding of the ADF environment and its unique sensitivities (desirable)
- Some knowledge and understanding of the veteran community (desirable)
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships both internally and externally to RSL (Queensland Branch), particularly with key stakeholders such as ATDP (DVA) and District Secretaries
- Extensive experience in handling high work volumes, preferably gained in a customer service environment
- Capacity to meet specified performance standards
- Good customer service skills both written and telephone, and the capacity to promptly respond to enquiries
- Good communication, listening and interpersonal skills and the capacity to speak clearly and with good diction
- Demonstrated attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
RSL Queensland offer flexible work arrangements, provide a fully stocked kitchen and fridges plus their benefits hub. The benefits include:
- RSL Queensland values all voices – have an influence, be the difference!
- Work in an empowered workforce – your new ideas are encouraged, heard and valued
- Have fun while you work – enjoy regular social and team activities
- RSL Queensland is relaxed but professional – dress for your day
- We are dog friendly – bring your fur baby to work!
- Everything you do contributes to a great cause: supporting Queensland’s veteran community
Some organisations say it, but RSL Queensland really means it - you will truly be working amongst committed, passionate and talented professionals. Every day, you will push the envelope as we work together towards our goal of delivering a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families.
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply today.