An organisation with international operations and having had sustained success within their discipline in the financial services sector across America and Europe are now establishing their Australian operations. Their offices will be headquartered in Brisbane and the culture is driven by ethics and integrity. The organisational goals are to build a brand that treats its customers fairly and with respect, meet high levels of compliance and reliability, and create rewarding careers for its employees.
About the Role
Reporting into the National Manager, this will be a standalone position with potential growth and scale opportunities as the Australian business grows. As Corporate Counsel/Compliance Manager you will be responsible for a range of duties:
- Aggregate, analyse and report on all compliance risk information to executive management
- Implement and monitor compliance policy and procedure
- Manage the corporate policy, training and approval process
- Develop and promote education and awareness programs to key stakeholders
- Integrate regulatory requirements to existing process and policy
- Provide strategic guidance on changing legal and regulatory requirements
- Act as the central point of contact for all regulatory enquiries and examinations
- Report on compliance performance to National Manager and Group Chief Compliance Officer
- Overseeing ongoing process improvement and record maintenance
- Serve on the national risk committee
- Support in matters relating to various legal/contractual situations
You will have prior experience in managing a compliance and risk function while reporting to senior/executive management. You will have proven capabilities in developing, promoting a positive and mature compliance culture as well as encouraging ethical behaviours. In a growing office, you will naturally support your colleagues and if required, be prepared to handle tasks outside of your job description. The work environment is collaborative, positive and is led by a great people manager. Experience in Financial Services is highly desirable.
For further information, please call Sam Wood, Troocoo on 0413 688 566.
Alternatively if you are interested in the position, please apply below and we will ensure we get back to your application shortly. Please submit your resume in word format through SEEK.
For further insights and opportunities in the market you can 'follow' our company LinkedIn profile, Troocoo. Thanks again for your efforts in sending through your application and we wish you every success with your job search.
Thank you for your interest.