Our client is a reputable Government department with a long-standing history in Queensland. This leading department is currently delivering on a range of innovative projects to support the growth of Queensland on a daily basis.
An opportunity is now available for an experienced Communication Manager to join the team to help drive exceptional engagement outcomes with stakeholders, media, government, and the customer.
About the role:
Working as part of a team, you will be responsible for the development and operational delivery of media and external communication plans for the organisation. The role will require a high level of maturity and experience around issues and crisis communications, with experience managing the overall reputation for the organisation.
With the role being strategic as well as ‘hands on’ you will demonstrate your exceptional writing skills, being required to monitor media, respond to journalists, write media releases and ministerial briefings. You will deliver high-quality responses on behalf of the organisation, and work in collaboration with your team peers to drive results for the business.
- Identify community and stakeholder impacts and risks and manage issues across the project as needed, including managing media coverage and issues management;
- Lead the team to develop and implement a broad range of high-quality communication and marketing services;
- You will be 'hands on' where you will write and produce a range of material including publications, video content, speeches, presentations and other ad-hoc information as needed;
- Provide expert advice across the business around key messaging, engagement, and profile positioning;
- Develop and write engaging and relevant content and work with the external media network on positioning stories; and
- Develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with business areas.
- You will be degree qualified with a minimum of 10 + years’ experience, with a demonstrated background having worked either in a public relations consultancy or an in-house media and PR role;
- Exceptional writing skills with a strong hold on the current media landscape, particularly in Queensland;
- Experience working with different communication channels, video, social, traditional print;
- You will have a media network, or the ability to develop contacts here in Queensland; and
- Ideally you will have had some exposure to government and issues management and a general ability to work with senior level stakeholders in the business.
To apply please submit your resume in word format and we will be in contact with you shortly.
Thank you for your interest.