The Returned Services League of Australia, (Queensland Branch) is a social purpose organisation with a long and rich history of supporting current and ex-service men and women and their families. Comprising both front-line service delivery and corporate support services, RSL QLD head office is in Brisbane with regional offices based throughout Queensland. The ongoing goals of the organisation is to ensure growth of their service delivery in order to meet the needs of current and future veterans; establish diversified income streams protecting the future of the organisation; grow their core membership base; build & strengthen their relationship with the RSL Qld sub branches and be a true partner of Defence and the Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA).
The organisation is transforming the way they do business by way of digitisation, cultural transformation, service delivery enhancement and diversification of revenue. Funding from their RSL Art Union Lottery (the most successful not-for-profit art union in Australia) has allowed them to embrace innovation, harness smart ideas and create positive change.
About the role:
Working closely with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Marketing Officer will have overall accountability for the strategic planning, effective implementation and management of all Marketing, PR and Communications initiatives of RSL Queensland. This pivotal role will oversee both the commercial Art Union program and Veteran Services business. The successful executive will lead the development and implementation of the organisation’s brand strategy and Member Value Proposition, guide a unified approach to customer experience, ensure all marketing functions project RSL Queensland’s unique “voice” and direct the market research efforts of the organisation to support RSL Queensland’s long-term financial sustainability.
This is a role that requires a strong influencer who can demonstrate strategic leadership to achieve business optimisation. Critical to success will be an ability to drive employee engagement and the active pursuit of RSL Queensland’s purpose of a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families.
Specifically, key accountabilities include:
- Develop and lead the implementation of the Brand, Marketing and Customer strategy (whole of organisation) to support the delivery of the overarching organisational strategy
- Actively engage with the Executive Leadership Team to enhance its effectiveness
- Assist internal stakeholders (RSL Queensland Board, Chief Executive Officer, Executive Team, Senior Managers and Employees) to develop their understanding of RSL Queensland’s brand and marketing strategy and their role in optimising its impact.
- Lead the development and execution of the annual divisional business plan and associated workplans to align with and support the Brand and Marketing strategy.
- Develop and embed customer-centricity across Marketing and RSL QLD broadly.
- Lead the government relations function to establish positive relationships with elected officials and RSL Queensland’s voice in strategic policy development to advance the organisational vision.
- Partner with the GM Lotteries to support the implementation of the 5-year Lotteries strategy, achieving profitable revenue growth in line with agreed strategic plan deliverables.
- Partner with the GM Veteran Services to proactively support the development and delivery of the MVP and drive membership growth through effective acquisition, retention and reactivation campaigns.
- Coach and mentor senior leaders to develop their business acumen and hone their focus on supporting the business to achieve good commercial outcomes.
- Lead and embed customer centricity across the entire marketing division to significantly enhance both the relationship with and support for sub branches
To be considered for the position, you will be an exceptional people leader who can demonstrate extensive experience and a record of achievement as a C-suite executive. You will need to have worked as a Chief Marketing Officer or similar with a proven track record in embedding clear strategic and operational frameworks across all marketing functions. Experience in the application of data insights and customer journey mapping to develop strategies to drive an improved customer experience will be required.
Effective stakeholder engagement skills are of paramount importance, combined with the ability to deliver commercial organisational objectives. Your ability to engage others and embrace organisational change with a client service ethos is critical.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a high-profile Queensland organisation in an influential senior executive appointment.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Callan Raine on 0411 686 652. Alternatively, submit your application via the apply button, or email email@example.com