Spinal Life Australia (SLA) is a leading Queensland provider of advocacy, therapy, and support for individuals with spinal cord damage. Since 1960 Spinal Life Australia has developed specialist knowledge to improve outcomes for those with spinal cord damage in their quest to live independently in an equitable, inclusive, and integrated community. With a workforce of 900 + employees (permanent and casual) and serving over 1800 + clients and members, SLA is driven by its mission ‘to enable people to live an accessible, equitable and empowered life’ while focused on the provision of services.
About the role:
Reporting into the CEO and forming part of the executive team, the role of Chief Human Resources Officer will be to lead and deliver on Spinal Life Australia’s people strategy in support of the organisational strategy and outcomes. This critical position will drive, manage, and grow organisational performance by implementing and continually improving integrated Human Resources processes and strategies.
Leading and coaching a team of 14 HR and Safety professionals, this role will be both strategic and operational in focus, with the view to continue the evolution of the People & Culture division within Spinal Life Australia, strengthening and adding value within the organisation. Key responsibilities within the role will include leading HR Services, ER/IR, Workplace Health and Safety, Organisational Development and Learning, and the leadership of key transformational/change programs of work, including a cultural change program and continued system integration program.
- A seasoned Human Resources leader, with a demonstrated background in leading and coaching a multi-disciplined HR division, with experience operating as part of a wider executive team.
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources or related discipline.
- Demonstrated background working with a large casual workforce, ideally in the disability, healthcare, aged care, or community services sectors, however, all industry backgrounds will be considered.
- Commercially astute with a focus on meeting organisational outcomes.
- Previous experience working in environments of change and transformation, leading programs of significance, whilst being ‘hands-on’ in the day-to-day HR activity.
- Ability to think and respond quickly to situations, nimble in professional style.
- Strategic thinker, with the ability to operationalise strategy with ease and communicate this at all levels.
- Strong people and relationship management skills, ability to collaborate with, and instill confidence with peers at the Executive level as a subject matter expert.
- Good working knowledge around award interpretation.
- An exceptional leader who leads through coaching and empowering their team.
- Ability to uphold Spinal Life Australia’s values and mission.
For further information please contact Liana Callaghan, Troocoo on
0436 318 299
Alternatively, if you are interested in the position, please apply below and we will make sure we will get back to your application shortly.
Thank you for your interest.