Speak to QSuper’s people and they’ll tell you, ‘we are determined to deliver for our members’. QSuper operate in a highly competitive and dynamic financial services environment and manage $113 billion in superannuation funds for over 585,000 members. They work closely with their members, to instill confidence and to ensure that they can look forward to their best years ahead. With around 1200 employees, their culture puts ‘members at the heart of everything they do’. Their people bring this to life everyday which makes QSuper unique.
About the role:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer is accountable for the financial outcomes of the QSuper Group and subsidiaries, Group Reporting, Procurement, Investment Operations, Investment Performance & Data, QInsure Actuarial & Finance Advisory and Taxation Services.
This pivotal executive appointment will provide advice, influential leadership and support in the ongoing, strengthening, and development of the QInsure and other QSuper Group entities. The CFO will be responsible for strategic business planning and advice across all advisory team functions including; Group Finance, Finance Business Partnering and Reporting, Investment Operations, Investment Performance and Data, QInsure Actuarial and Finance Advisory and Taxation Services.
Specifically, key accountabilities include:
- Provide strategic financial management, including cost and revenue optimisation, planning, and implementation. Managing and running of all finance activities including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations.
- Financial management, accounting and budgetary performance of the Group, including strategic management of the Group’s cost and revenue base.
- Taxation advice in relation to the Group and QSuper Fund’s investments.
- Work with the CEO and Executive team on strategic finance, investment, and taxation decisions including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships on a State and National level and assist in the development and negotiation of key contracts and policies.
- Ensure the Group develops and complies with policies on its financial obligations and regulatory responsibilities.
- Ensure that vendor and commercial agreements operate in the best interests of QSuper and its members.
- Minimise business risk and ensure regulatory compliance by ensuring appropriate controls and compliance management frameworks are in place to safeguard the financial assets of the Group.
- Lead and oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting and budgeting activities for the Group, in consultation with the Strategy and Performance Division, the CEO and Executive.
- Contribute to financial and regulatory reporting to external parties including the QSuper Annual Report and QInsure Annual Report.
- Drive ongoing cost effectiveness, controlled and integrated business processes across all functions.
- Provide advice and guidance to the CEO and Board on new products, insurances, taxes and investments.
- Effective management of Payroll services.
To be considered for the position, you will be an exceptional people leader who can demonstrate extensive experience and a record of achievement as Chief Financial Officer in the Financial Services sector. You will need to have a proven track record in embedding clear strategic and operational frameworks across multiple divisions. Strong leadership with demonstrable executive and Board Stakeholder management skills are of paramount importance, in order to lead corporate strategy, drive key initiatives, manage conflicting priorities as well as challenging others where appropriate. Your ability to distil complex issues into succinct and easily understood language that conveys key messages successfully at all levels of the organisation would be a key element for this appointment. Outstanding written and negotiation skills and proven experience in financial and regulatory reports for use by the CEO, Board, Executive team and industry bodies / regulators is essential.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Callan Raine (0411 686 652) or Scott Horton (0410 292 332). Alternatively, submit your application via the apply button, or email email@example.com