Urban Utilities is one of the largest water distributor-retailers in Australia. Their people ensure that a population of more than 1.5 million South East Queenslanders have access to world-class drinking water, recycled water and sewerage services. They love being part of their urban and regional communities, they take great pride in their people, their work, and the opportunity to manage a network that provides access to one of earth's most precious resources.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and working closely with the Executive Leadership Team, the Chief Experience Officer (CXO) will lead a diverse team of customer, people, safety and experience professionals. They will help to develop strategies and initiatives to increase attraction, retention and engagement across our customers and people.
The CXO will champion the customer and employees’ perspectives in the company’s strategic decision-making by demonstrating skillful leadership that integrates and aligns the people and customer experience. The role will be the voice for the customer and people ensuring both are central to the company’s culture, organisation and processes to drive engagement, connecting the employee journey with exceptional customer outcomes.
This pivotal executive appointment will play a key role in the transformation of Urban Utilities to its future state.
Key Role Requirements
- Enterprise leadership of the customer and employee experience – managing the design, integration, delivery, evaluation and continuous improvement of strategic experience programs;
- With a deep understanding of human systems and application of group dynamic theories, you will develop and implement strategy, leadership and programs that achieve and strengthen the connection with our people, customers and communities;
- Own and develop the Urban Utilities brand, building on existing narrative, ensure the business has a presence and profile within the sector. Support the transformation of the organisation’s way of working with innovative communication tools;
- Enterprise leadership of safety - influence and manage the organisation’s reputation as a leader in safety through the development of a contemporary safety approach, systems, programs and culture;
- Provide direction on critical workforce planning priorities and skills gaps for the business, generating a strong talent strategy utilising contemporary approaches;
- Provide leadership around all relevant statutory, regulatory and audit obligations, ensuring compliance and adherence to relevant laws and standards;
- Play a key role in the transformation of the organisation to its future state, lead and model the Urban Utilities values, enabling a positive and high-performance culture.
- Tertiary qualified in a relevant business or people-related field.
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in management of an experience, people or customer function. Ideally leading an integrated CX and EX function within a large organisation.
- Deep understanding of human systems and application of group dynamics theories- experience applying Kantors Theory of Structural Dynamics will be well regarded.
- Experience in successfully leading whole of organisation transformational change
- Experience managing stakeholders and budgets with a focus on commercially driven outcomes.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Liana Callaghan, Troocoo on 3054 1123. Alternatively, submit your application via the apply button, or email email@example.com
Thank you for your interest.