Powerlink is a leading Australian provider of high voltage electricity transmission network services, combining innovation with insight to deliver safe, cost effective and reliable solutions. Powerlink is a State Government Owned Corporation who deliver electricity to almost five million Queenslanders and 236,000 businesses across their 1,700km transmission network and provide network connections for large-scale generators and major industrial customers including rail systems, mines, and mineral processing facilities.
Powerlink’s corporate headquarters based in Virginia on the northside of Brisbane provide a contemporary working environment for staff and stakeholders. Powerlink’s people strategy is focused on balanced leadership, values diverse backgrounds and fosters a culture of inclusion.
About the role:
As Powerlink continues to lead the market with innovative energy solutions, several newly created opportunities are now available for experienced Business Development Managers to join the team in Queensland. The purpose of the Business Development Manager is to implement nominated market segment strategies, develop and execute customer account management plans and enhance Powerlink’s relationships with existing and potential customers. As the Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for the negotiation of formal agreements to create a pipeline of non-regulated work for the development of high voltage assets, related products, and services. This is a very exciting time to join Powerlink as a Business Development Manager as you will play an integral role in helping Queensland achieve its renewable energy target of 50% by 2030.
- Proactively enhance Powerlink’s customer service reputation and social licence to operate, and ensure new customers are seamlessly transitioned from early engagement through to enduring account management.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Powerlink’s non-regulated opportunity pipeline for renewables high voltage connections, products and services through gathering of market trends and intelligence for proponent projects from customers, suppliers, contractors and advisors.
- Proactively enhance teamwork in the preparation and delivery of business cases, board papers, presentations and pricing proposals ensuring a whole of Powerlink approach is used to achieve commercial and strategic objectives.
- Engage with customers to develop deep understanding of their project drivers, risks, stakeholder concerns and commercial levers – and subsequently lead the development of internal business cases, board papers, project proposals to support our customer objectives.
- Support negotiation of Connection & Access Agreements, Services Agreements and other commercial contracts whilst managing Powerlink’s risk and ensuring financial returns and profits on investments meet Powerlink’s requirements.
- Develop and implement customer account management plans for existing and prospective generator and load customers.
- Proven significant experience in business or renewable project development including market analysis, account and/or stakeholder engagement management, identifying and securing project/business opportunities and realising these through building positive customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Understanding of High Voltage network technology within the electricity industry highly desired.
- Proven experience in understanding customer and stakeholder needs, coordinating scoping and estimating works and developing business cases that achieve commercial objectives.
- Proven ability to develop network business services that are marketable, identifying and analysing potential markets and customers, and promoting these services effectively by using unique selling propositions to gain new customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior business representatives to negotiate specific terms and conditions of contractual arrangements.
- Proven experience in co-ordinating complex technical projects within commercial contract delivery criteria.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate risk in proposals and identify mitigation strategies.
For more information on these exceptional newly created opportunities, please contact Oliver Molinari on 0435 765 828 or contact Oliver by email at email@example.com
Please note, Troocoo is managing this process on Powerlink’s behalf and all third-party applications will be forward to Troocoo directly.
Thank you for your interest.