Help change veterans’ lives for the better.
RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with Queensland’s Defence family for 103 years, and has entered its second century of operations with renewed focus and vision. Their crucial welfare and wellbeing services are enriching the lives of contemporary veterans and their families through counselling, employment and homelessness services, education, rehabilitation and other programs and initiatives.
The driving force behind funding these services is the RSL Art Union Lottery which over the last decade has reached unprecedented growth through market disruption and innovation. We have also adopted cutting edge technologies to streamline operations and create opportunities for ongoing innovation.
Work amongst leading professionals who are pushing the boundaries in contemporary marketing including the adoption of AI, propensity modelling and a customer experience focus.
About the role
The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying, planning, and supporting strategic business growth initiatives of the Art Union Lottery business plan, to increase activity and boost revenue. The position is accountable for pursuing improvements in the sales and distribution network, preparing business cases and gaining organisational endorsement, and managing implementation of these opportunity initiatives. This role is also responsible for establishing external business relationships and networks that align with RSL Queensland's purpose, vision and values and help us achieve sales and revenue goals.
- Identify new sales channels and opportunities for the business to support the strategic direction of the Lotteries business plan
- Look for diversification of channels for the Lottery, and widen the source of revenue for the business to minimise single source dependencies
- Investigate specific areas of improvement within the existing sales channel platform that represent significant and worthwhile opportunity
- Identify and maintain a network of internal and external partners that can support the role, facilitate outcomes, and mitigate skills or resource gaps
- Identify “Quick Wins’ and the ability to maintain momentum for the business with a mix of small and large initiatives
- Proactively manage relationships with vendors and solutions providers in the marketplace to properly research opportunities, maintain current knowledge of innovative process and capabilities and engage fit-for-purpose vendors in business proposals
- Tertiary qualifications in related discipline (business management, business/marketing research, information science, etc.)
- 3+ years in a complex product development environment
- 5+ years in a consumer marketing environment
- Strong research skills and analytical capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and gain acceptance of proposals, scopes of work, research designs, clients, partners, and funders
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results within a business
- Experience in Lotteries highly desirable
We could talk about RSL Queensland’s flexible work arrangements, its fully stocked kitchens and fridges and our Benefits Hub. But the benefits that set us apart include:
- RSL Queensland values all voices – have an influence, be the difference!
- Work in an empowered workforce – your new ideas are encouraged, heard and valued
- Have fun while you work – enjoy regular social and team activities
- RSL Queensland is relaxed but professional – dress for your day
- We are dog friendly – bring your fur baby to work!
- Everything you do contributes to a great cause: supporting Queensland’s veteran community
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply today.