About the organisation:
The Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) provides regulatory services that give peace of mind to the Queensland community and those working in the building and construction industry. QBCC is a Regulator that builds trust and confidence through high quality compliance, licensing, dispute resolution, insurance and advisory services. With 4.64 million people currently living in Queensland and more than 200,000 of those residents working in the construction sector, the QBCC has an important task in serving their customers, contributing to the growth of the Queensland economy and regulating the industry.
About the role:
In this critical appointment for QBCC you will lead the Commission’s regulatory functions in the delivery of high-quality regulation of the building and construction industry. Reporting to the Commissioner, and as a key member of QBCC’s Strategic Leadership Team, you will strategically lead the Building and Trade Services Division and provide oversight and leadership of the Commission’s operations. You will be responsible for identifying risks and opportunities, emerging issues and providing timely, relevant, specialist information and expert advice to the Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner, Board and Minister that balances organisational requirements with desired whole-of-government outcomes.
Specifically, key accountabilities include:
- Support the Commissioner in the delivery of the Commission’s overarching strategy to be an efficient and effective regulator that builds trust and confidence;
- Lead the development and implementation of the recommended expansion and improvements to the regulatory arm of the QBCC;
- Represent the QBCC as a member of the Service Trades Council and meet statutory obligations including assisting the Council.
- Lead the QBCC’s compliance and enforcement functions to ensure a proactive approach to compliance and enforcement activity including effective delivery of legislated proactive audit programs;
- Drive a holistic approach to service delivery, seeking to bring about improvements in service and greater consistency;
- Lead the licensing function, ensuring efficient processing, responsiveness to industry trends and safeguarding the industries QBCC licenses in a consistent and transparent process;
- Cultivate sound working relationships with relevant stakeholders including industry associations, community groups, and interstate counterpart organisations to promote a greater awareness of the Commission and its aims;
- Inspire a workplace culture consistent with QBCC behaviours and values;
You will be a strong people leader who is looking for an environment and culture of accountability, transparency, and high performance. Your strategic expertise and senior government experience as a leader of a Regulatory function is underpinned by exceptional management capability, ensuring that you lead and deliver against the core requirements and responsibilities of the role.
Your knowledge and experience of the provision of transparent and effective regulatory functions will ensure timely, consistent and fair processes that meet the stakeholder requirements, which are in accordance with good principles of natural justice and the public interest. Experience and knowledge in regulating the Service Trades would be welcomed.
You will also be able to demonstrate strategic leadership capability, supported by a track record of implementing change and delivering high quality performance outcomes through an integrated multidisciplinary team. This will ultimately drive change to position the Commission for the future by delivering different, successful approaches to complex and chronic issues. Substantial knowledge of building and construction industry issues, polices, procedures and legislation would be desirable.
For a strictly confidential discussion about this exceptional opportunity, please contact Callan Raine (07) 3054 1143 / 0411 686 652 or Scott Horton on (07) 3054 1127 / 0410 292 332. Alternatively, submit your application via the apply button, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in this pivotal appointment.