This is a key government department with a large and diverse portfolio. Due to the continued workload growth and scope of opportunity, we currently have an A07 Media and Communications Advisor position to start immediately.
About the role:
- This role will see you provide work as part of a media and communications team, and will provide expert advice around both reactive and proactive media opportunities;
- You will be responsible for delivering on a range of tactical media pieces such as media releases and responses, speeches and speaking points, social media content, and other ad-hoc material required for the department, DG and Ministers office;
- This role will see you monitor the media activity and where possible will look for opportunities or potential risks from a department and reputation perspective;
- You will provide exceptional stakeholder engagement activity, with the ability to foster and support wider department relationships and relationships with external journalists and partners as required; and
- Provide ongoing support around best practice media solutions as part of a team.
- Ideally, you will be tertiary qualified and will have a demonstrated background in managing and delivering on media and communication solutions for a large government or corporate entity;
- You will be an exceptional writer with the ability to grasp information quickly and come up with relevant and engaging media content for the online and off-line space;
- The client will require you to have strong proactive and reactive media experience, and will understand how to manage journalist relationships in the mainstream media landscape; and
- You will be a team player with exceptional stakeholder management skills and will come with a level of gravitas and knowledge in the media space.
0436 318 299.
Alternatively, if you are interested in the position, please apply below and we will make sure we will get back to your application shortly. Please ensure you submit your resume in word format through SEEK.
Thank you for your interest.