An exciting role for a Senior Tax Accountant is now available for a progressive individual to join a highly successful and diversified well known company within the head office based in Brisbane.
The company have diversified interests and state of the art projects in the pipeline over the next few years which will continue to underpin their success.
The Senior Tax Accountant will undertake tax compliance work, including responsibility for reviewing and improving tax compliance processes. Reporting to the Finance Manager you will liaise and advise leadership around tax consulting and tax planning matters.
- Design appropriate tax strategies in liaison with external advisers as required.
- Support the review of commercial and contractual agreements as they relate to tax matters.
- Influence and educate colleagues around industry specific taxes, including interaction with relevant industry, regulatory and Government bodies.
- Preparation of Tax schedules including FBT, BAS, PAYG, PRT and FBT.
- Prepare Tax disclosures for annual financial statements.
- Finalisation and review of tax effect accounting work papers for half-yearly and annual financial reporting and other direct and indirect taxes.
- Development of tax policies and procedures.
- Experience gained form a BIG 4 Practice and some experience in a corporate taxation role.
- CA/CPA qualified.
- Strong understanding and practical experience within Australian tax laws and obligations including income tax, FBT and GST.
- Experience in dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
This is an exciting and developing role with support and training, the Senior Tax Accountant will help to implement tax strategies as well as taking a hands-on role developing process improvements. To learn more about this inclusive role or for a confidential discussion call Nick Lemin on 07 3054 1125 or 0434 586 321.