Help change veterans’ lives for the better.
RSL Queensland is a dynamic, forward-thinking social purpose organisation, developing and delivering innovative programs that build brighter lives for Australia’s Defence Family. Augmenting their diverse network of Sub Branches, RSL Queensland is leveraging new research and data to create innovative, next-gen services and delivery hubs, reinvent traditional commemorations for the digital age, and provide a strong policy voice on behalf of all generations of veterans
About the role:
RSL Queensland's scholarships and enterprise programs are just another way that RSL Queensland supports Veteran's and their families. As the The Senior Manager Scholarships & Enterprise Programs will oversee the RSL Queensland Scholarships program and Enterprise Grants program.
The Senior Manager Scholarships & Enterprise Programs is accountable for contractual relationships with external stakeholders and direct service deployment to veterans, managing a portfolio of approximately $1.5 million.
The role will develop the ongoing management of the Education program strategy, including the coordination of external stakeholders and implementation of initiatives to build a strong program offering, whilst maximising service delivery to clients and ensuring RSL Queensland deliver on what they promise.
Key duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Extending the Scholarships program to incorporate relationships with tertiary institutions and develop support mechanisms for the wider veteran population, not just our recipients, undertaking study.
- Extending benefits offered within the Scholarship program with the aim of supporting recipients reach course completion;
- Looking for ways continually improve the Scholarships program through embedding an evaluation framework utilising data and insights.
- Transitioning the Veteran Enterprise Grants Program to a multi-dimensional enterprise program providing opportunities for key stages in business development.
- Providing pragmatic support offerings through the Veteran Enterprise Grants Program, including business mentoring to support enterprise success and enable another career pathway opportunity for veterans and their partners.
- Generate awareness and understanding each program, particularly the Veteran Enterprise program, which has not been widely publicized to date.
A background in a similar senior contract management role, managing a team in addition to tertiary qualification in Business, Legal disciplines, or a similar field will be appreciated in this role. You will need to be adaptable and flexible to the developing needs of the business and the program, and be able to work professionally but sensitively with our client cohort.
To be considered for this position, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated ability to coach, lead and motivate staff to achieve high quality outcomes and build strong work culture and engagement.
- Formal understanding of legalities of contracted relationships.
- Proven ability to draft and understand contract development.
- Ability to project manage new initiatives and oversee the projects delivery.
- Ability to manage conflicts and maintain relationships with stakeholders during critical incidents.
- Ability to leverage relationships to maximise return on investments and support wider department initiatives.
- Proven ability to drive stakeholder engagement strategies and campaigns.
- Proven ability to identify organisations and relationships that will serve the objectives of the department and meet organisational objectives.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient at delivering presentations to large groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience in previous Defence engagements advantageous, but not essential.
- Understanding of/or ability to quickly acquire knowledge of complex organisations, such as Department of Defence.
- Queensland Open Drivers licence
- Flexible hours, work from the office or home
- Regular health and wellbeing events
- Paid professional development and individual development plans
- Bespoke leadership training programs
- Social sports teams – touch football, netball, volleyball
- Monthly employee awards and recognition
- Parking Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- World class IT, Technology and Systems.
To apply for this newly created role, please submit your CV and cover letter by applying via the link.
Thank you for your interest.