Our client is a prominent Australian organisation specialising in the Insurance sector, specifically across Healthcare and a broad range of other personal insurance products.
With a reputation predicated on quality of service to their customers and offering un-paralleled career opportunities to its employees, this company has become a destination of choice for the very best talent in Sydney.
Over the last 12 months, our client has undertaken a strategic business review, from which a number of recommendations have been made and specific programmes are being put in place to address. One such area is the investment in advanced analytics with a view to improving business operations and addressing some external challenges specifically around fraud.
This role is being created to help address these issues and as such you will act as the senior data scientist working alongside industry leading teams with expertise in machine learning and AI.
You will work alongside a small but strong Data engineering team and with key members of the commercial team to help solves a number of challenges across both Fraud and Operational efficiency.
Responsibilities will include by not be limited to:
- Lead / execute analytical approaches, including developing / training / optimizing machine learning models, other forms of analytical modelling
- Lead in house analytics projects and upskill people within the Data Science and Decision support team where appropriate.
- Exceptional Machine Learning expertise, proven capability solving commercial problems through the utilisation of advanced analytics.
- Previous experience in the insurance or healthcare sectors is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the insurance claims process would be extremely beneficial.
- Hands-on development skills with R or Python.
- Good understanding of data engineering principles working with big data technology.
- Well experienced working in cloud environments, ideally with the Azure data stack.
- Exceptional communication skills.
The successful candidate:
- Masters degree, and/or PhD in a highly quantitative field (mathematics, statistics, computer science, machine learning) or equivalent experience.
- Experience leveraging statistical programming languages (R and/or Python for analyses)
- Experience with data visualization tools, preferably Power BI
- Minimum of 8 years' experience with advanced statistical methods generally, and particularly in the areas of predictive modelling and machine learning
What's on offer?
This is key role within our client’s organisation, is client facing and highly visible. The role holder will be exposed to market leading technology strategies, world class IP and a high calibre team. Depending on experience our client can pay anywhere between $160,000 and $190,000 inclusive of super.