Our client is an instantly recognizable household name in the Financial Services industry. In recent years they have led the way in the creation of wealth management products and services for their customers. My client is building a new pricing engine, they are seeking a Senior Data Engineer to provide strong leadership and drive the technical vision for a complex project.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will play a key role in building data assets using AWS, and SQL. You will work alongside a team of Managers, Solution Architects, and Engineers in distributed Agile teams. Bring your passion for technology, proactively sharing your skills and expertise.
- Lead detailed design ensuring alignment to Solution Architecture, data models, data mapping, requirements, strategy, roadmaps, and business outcomes.
- Provide expert technical advice on handling data assets, data quality, and applications.
- You will create high-level designs, data models and perform investigations and validation of designs and assumptions, and risks.
- Maintain development environments and tools including, Jenkins (CI) pipelines & data acquisition.
The successful candidate:
- Minimum 8+ years of experience working in complex data warehouse and/or BI environments
- Expert in building data assets using SQL, Databases, scripts & frameworks leading data Hands-on experience in ETL tools such Datastage, Informatica, Talend or SSIS
- Proven experience working with ASW, primarily S3, redshift or DMS.
- Deep understanding of databases, data storage, and data movement tools including how to optimize development and approaches aligning with best practices.
- Excellent knowledge/experience in the application of Agile and Lean approaches.
- Good exposure to setting up and maintaining development environments and tools including, Jenkins (CI) pipelines & data acquisition
What's on offer?
- Daily rates from $800 - $1000 inc super - with hybrid office/wfh flexibility
- Role can be based in Melbourne or Sydney