Arrow aspires to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where employees live the Arrow values, while meaningfully contributing to the community. Arrow explores and develops gas fields in regional Queensland. Arrow is deeply committed to building relationships of trust with their landowners and the communities they operate in. This commitment is supported by Arrow’s shareholders, Shell and PetroChina; two of the world’s largest oil and gas companies.
With a focus on safety and sustainability, Arrow encourage employees to source creative ways to own, lead and deliver solutions to the community. At Arrow, everyone belongs.
Arrow’s values – Respect, Lead, Own, Solve, Integrate - underpin all that they do.
You will have a personal commitment to consistently role model and lead by example Arrow’s values, code of conduct, and focus on safety and the environment. You will establish positive and productive working relationships across the organisation and within the communities Arrow operates. As a key member of the organisation, you are expected to model inclusive behaviours and create a safe environment where different views and perspectives are encouraged and valued.
About the role
As the Regulatory Approvals Specialist (EA), you will plan, prepare, coordinate and obtain environmental authorities and EPBC Act approvals to support project deliverables and allow execution activities to be delivered in compliance with relevant laws and Acts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare and lead the end to end process for delivery of regulatory approvals to align with the Integrated Activity Plan and schedule requirements.
- Plan, prepare and facilitate the execution of all key internal and external meetings and interactions required to obtain regulatory approvals such as the technical requirements, project scope, legislative and policy review and schedule review.
- Secure regulatory approvals in a timely manner ahead of planned execution (e.g. EPBC Act approvals, Environmental Authorities, Regional Interests Development Approvals, Clearing Permits, Offset Permits) through efficient management of process flows and communication.
- Identify and prepare regulatory approvals subject matter expert advice for all access and approvals packages within the Access, Approvals and Compensation System.
- Qualifications: University degree [OR] First degree [OR] Other Professional Qualification
- Minimum 6 years experience in a similar role
- Professional qualifications in Science (Ecology or Botany), Environmental Management, Town Planning or a related discipline.
- Ability to steer multiple, and at times conflicting, parties towards a common goal with effective stakeholder engagement.
- Degree-level analytical and communication skills.
- Solid technical understanding of the legislative framework for delivering access within Queensland.
- Proven relationship management experience.
- Proven negotiation and mediation skills.
In return for your efforts, you’ll be rewarded:
- An attractive remuneration package
- Additional annual incentive scheme based on company and individual performance
- Flexible working arrangements
- A vast number of employee benefits, examples include multiple rebate schemes, Employee Assistance Program, novated leasing, corporate discount programs, specialist health care service access.
- Gender neutral leave policies, including paid primary and secondary carers’ leave
- Ongoing learning and professional development opportunities
- Indigenous support network, ‘Bundagadan’, offering mentoring, workshops and coaching opportunities
Arrow is a diverse and inclusive workplace and genuinely encourage applications from all genders and Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander candidates
For more information on this exceptional opportunity as the Regulatory Approvals Specialist, please contact Oliver Molinari on 0435 765 828. Alternatively, please submit your CV and cover letter addressing the above requirements.
Please note, Troocoo is managing this process on behalf of Arrow, and all third-party applications will be forwarded to Troocoo directly.
Thank you for your interest.