This successful applicants will carry out the following key accountabilities in accordance with the Organisation's values:
- Lead and manage the successful delivery of solution architecture deliverables comprising of complex and high-risk projects through to smaller digital activities, ensuring desired outcomes are achieved and robust solutions are delivered that meet customer needs and expectations.
- Provide architectural reviews of concept briefs, business cases, implementation strategies, and solution design specifications for digital projects to ensure that the solutions are consistent with organisational strategies, strategic plan, architectural standards, principles and roadmaps.
- Develop and maintain technical solution architecture designs to ensure they meet quality standards and comply with organisational policies, frameworks, strategies, architecture and roadmaps.
- Provide, develop and translate business needs for information systems into coherent and effective options and deliver detailed design specifications aligned with business requirements whilst ensuring business, functional and non-functional requirements are sufficiently captured to drive the solution that fully meets the needs and expectations of the business stakeholders.
- Contribute to and deliver digital change management and service level management artefacts to ensure risks are mitigated and solutions are supportable.
- Develop and lead data integration and data migration strategies for projects, advising on the transition from current to desired state to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Provide ongoing reviews of architectural components to be included in tender documents and participation in due diligence reviews of new software purchases.
- Contribute to the development of project plans and deliverables including the identification of cost estimates, risks and issues identification and appropriate mitigation strategies with supportable solutions.
- Contribute to the project planning activities, including the identification and delivery of solution architecture artefacts and ensuring resource requirements are fit for purpose and will meet project milestones and quality expectations.
- Develop and maintain the conceptual, logical and physical models working in partnership with delivery stream leads, project managers and business analysts to understand business needs and develop current state and future state conceptual models.
- Consult with data architects to create the metadata design, develop the formal description of the data and data structures for initiatives.
- Design data integration and data migration activities, advising on the transition from current to desired state for the delivery of quality projects.
- Consult, liaise, develop and maintain relationships with and between key internal and external stakeholders to promote and share best architecture and design practices to the benefit of the organisation.
- Provide expert advice and input in relation to solution architecture, inter-dependencies, risks and report on trends to support executive decision-making.
- Facilitate effective communication channels which promote the successful adoption of solution architecture change within the business and foster ongoing relationships with our business teams.
- Contribute to building the solution architecture capability by mentoring and participating in improvement activities, quality review activities within the organisation.
- Initiate, influence and maintain relationships with and between key internal and external stakeholders facilitating effective communication channels to ensure the successful delivery of projects including feedback mechanisms and management of expectations.
- Support the implementation of continuous process improvement activities.
- Proven experience in the effective formulation of technology strategies across several domains (e.g. virtualisation, storage, compute, networks, integration, etc.), design of appropriate solutions, monitoring and promotion of emerging technology, competency in the design of integrations, defining the strategic/architectural criteria for product selection, risk and complexity within a complex digital, clinical or ICT technical implementation, migration and/or uplift projects preferably in the healthcare sector.
- Proven expertise in, and application of, enterprise/solution architecture methodologies, and an ability to promote and provide advice on the use of appropriate solution architecture techniques, methodologies, notations and tools (experience with iServer is desirable).