Troocoo Government are proud to currently be partnering with a well-known State Government client in helping them recruit for multiple PO2 Legal Graduates and PO3 Legal Officers.
Your New Position
As a PO2 Legal Graduate and PO3 Legal Officer, your duties will be:
- Interpret and apply relevant legislation to conduct risk assessments on applicants
- Reviewing file information, identifying and requesting further information
- Conducting in-depth analysis of file information in order to determine the sufficiency of evidence to support cases
- Maintain effective case management and document management systems
- Prepare reports, memoranda and general correspondence as required
- Case manage files to ensure appropriate prioritisation and the efficient and timely conduct of matters.
- Conduct relevant research and maintain an up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of the relevant governing legislation.
- Provide advice to internal and external stakeholders on legislative, policy, procedural and/or administrative matters in relation to the screening provisions of the division
- Actively participate in and contribute to the development and implementation of policies and procedures which promote corporate governance and fraud control initiatives.
- Assist in the implementation of management policy and assist to manage change within the area, including encouraging and motivating staff to embrace changes with a focus on achieving the objectives of the department
To be considered for this role you would have skills & experience in the following to be successful:
- Completed Bachelor of Laws
- Previous experience in a similar role or administrative role required
- Current PO2 legal applicants looking for progression are highly encouraged to apply
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sound organisational and administrative skills
- Experience with end-to-end case management highly desirable
- Ability to handle challenging phone calls whilst providing a high-level of customer service
- Ability to work in the Brisbane CBD office 5 days a week (remote work not possible due to highly confidential nature of work)
- Reliable work attendance
- Ability to work within a team environment
- High attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- $44.43 – 59.12 per hour + super
- Brisbane CBD location
- Great team culture and environment
- Progression opportunities for the right candidate
If you think that this is a role that you might be perfect for, please apply now! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.