Given the close knit nature of these initiatives, this role will provide support, expertise and capacity across all initiatives and BAU activities as required so that the team can deliver on their agreed outcomes.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Provide a senior level of technical expertise to the department’s ICT systems, including specifically:
- performing administration, maintenance, and support tasks.
- capacity assessments identifying and analysing opportunities for expansion or upgrade.
- proactively monitoring critical ICT services.
- performance and platform tuning.
- provide advice and support to departmental staff.
- troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Vulnerability and Cyber Security management of ICT assets.
- Provide strong technical support capability, ensuring requests align with set standards and procedures, and meet agreed service levels, with the capability to develop and improve operating procedures where necessary.
- Contribute to developing strategic and operational responses to emerging needs and dealing with complex requests in a collaborative approach with ICT operations representatives, ICT Service Transition Managers (Change and Release) and other process managers.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of standardised processes, approaches, documented procedures and other related technical documentation.
- Provide advanced skills in the areas of operational responses to emerging needs, fault diagnosis and failures, and proactively initiate remedial action.
- Provide appropriate information on incident reviews and statistical reports within the environment which can be consumed by team leaders, management, and other departmental staff.
- Contribute to the preparation of written and verbal advice, including briefing papers and technical documentation for the consideration of management and clients in relation to information technology services.
- Maintain a high level of quality in the performance of all duties, ensuring adherence to quality assurance expectations, policies and procedures, government and industry standards and best practices, proactively seeking improvements in the way in which work is undertaken.
- Act as an integral part of the departmental ICT operations teams, providing leadership, mentoring and technical expertise to peers within operational teams, regional ICT teams, school representatives and other departmental staff in relation to service delivery, technical processes and new technology development.
- Advanced engineering skills in the following areas:
- Advanced routing and switching experience in a heterogeneous environment. (HPE- Aruba/Cisco/Juniper).
- Software Defined Network – with particular skills in deploying and maintaining SD-WAN services.
- Advanced experience with firewalls, proxies, IPS/IDS and other network security offerings from major ICT suppliers such as Juniper, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Cisco, HPE/Aruba, Broadcom.
- Software/application management (installing, testing, and updating the software on systems)
- ICT infrastructure hardware (networking and servers) maintenance and support.
- Manage and coordinate, project activities involving installation, expansion or upgrades of the department’s infrastructure, systems and services
- Scripting – Powershell, python, perl/bash as appropriate
- Connectivity – Virtual networking (VMware), Ethernet, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, Converged Networks, azure and aws.
- ITIL - Change, Release, Incident
- DNS - BIND, Windows DNS
- Monitoring – SNMP, SCOM, Dynatrace PRTG. Statseeker.