As the Technical Manager you will:
- Manage multiple teams of highly skilled technical resources in the delivery of key ICT services for both corporate service units and schools across the state.
- Contribute the evolution of the department’s strategic vision for the ICT platform in line with school and corporate requirements and plan and provide strategic and technical design advice on development and deployment of new and existing enterprise wide solutions, emerging technologies and appropriate supporting IT infrastructure.
- Ensure that network services and projects, including the definition and documentation of complex projects, relating to these services are delivered to clients’ satisfaction on time and on budget.
- Provide advice and support to the Director on major information management/information technology (IM/IT) policies and issues and represent the directorate internally and externally as required.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of plans, strategies and procedures relating to telecommunications and networks and ensure they are accurately modelled for the achievement of best practice in the utilisation of departmental information resources.
- Lead the development and implementation of new/improved processes, practices, standards, policies and/or systems and provide timely and appropriate information and recommendations to support high-quality decision-making.
- Contribute to the development of a strategic vision and direction for information technologies within the department and in particular in the area of telecommunications and networks (voice and data).
- Provide leadership and direction to operational teams in respect of information management policies and issues and change management initiatives including risk management, client focus and Quality Assurance (QA) certification.
- Act independently, within guidelines approved by the Director, on all day to day matters for the delivery of communication and IT services.
- Manage functions, resources and budgets in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure all management functions are effectively performed including application of equal opportunity principles, occupational health and safety requirements and professional development of staff.
These positions close on Wednesday 1st February 2023. Apply now for further details.