Eureka Group Holdings (Eureka) is an ASX listed company (ASX: EGH) focusing on the provision of quality independent living communities for seniors. Eureka owns and manages a rapidly expanding portfolio of 45 villages nationally representing 2,700 units. Our mandate is growth through Village acquisition and property development.
Eureka is committed to providing quality and affordable rental accommodation for seniors. A vast majority of the communities owned or managed by Eureka are in close proximity to public transport, shopping areas and other amenities such as health care facilities.
Eureka’s values span the beliefs, principles and attitudes that make up the spirit of our organisation and how they like to get things done. The values are: Care & Support; Innovate & Create; Transparency & Honesty and Enjoyment & Involvement.
About the role:
Working closely with the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the General Manager Real Estate will be responsible for the development, implementation and management of the Real Estate strategy for Eureka. This pivotal role will lead profitable revenue growth through researching, evaluating and analysing opportunities that will lead to optimal decision-making for real estate acquisitions and development consistent with the company’s strategy.
This hands-on role requires a strong influencer and negotiator, who can deliver strategic leadership to the Real Estate team, whilst working collaboratively with the ELT to manage both employee and stakeholder expectations to boost overall business growth, profitability and adhering to Eureka’s values to have greatest positive impact. Key accountabilities will also include leading all strategic property management, leasing function, setting the rental pricing strategy as well as guiding and leading the entire property function.
This role will require collaboration with other parts of the organisation including the Board.
Specifically, key accountabilities include:
- Lead the strategic direction, planning, decision making and overall performance of the Group Real Estate function.
- In conjunction with the CEO overall responsibility for the development and implementation of Eureka’s Real Estate strategy.
- Identify, evaluate, and assess potential real estate acquisitions and greenfield developments in the independent senior’s rental sector.
- Lead the acquisition due diligence and development feasibility, making recommendation to the CEO and Board,
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of real estate trends in the senior’s living sector.
- Assist with the development and fostering of relationships between the Real Estate team and other Eureka functions.
- Develop comprehensive Board/Shareholder reporting, including reports, presentations, and external reporting as required to external agencies
- Drive a continuous improvement culture to identify opportunities.
- Act professionally and ethically by ensuring compliance with external legislation and industry standards, and alignment with Eureka’s Code of Conduct and Values.
To be considered for the position, you will be a strong people leader who demonstrates extensive experience and record of achievements at a senior level in the property sector. Property negotiation, acquisition and development experience is essential. You will have solid leadership and emotional intelligence skills with demonstrated ability and experience in broad roles. You will be a strong executor who can not only influence at a strategic level, but also operationally hands on.
Your commercial capability and experience as a senior leader are underpinned by your ability to engage others and embrace organisational change. It is essential that you demonstrate superior presentation and communication skills.
Demonstrate integrity in all dealings; be honest and open; listen to and consider stakeholder views; demonstrate empathy; and act in a way that reflects the culture and values of the organisation.
Exceptional stakeholder relationship skills will be critical for this role as you will need to develop and foster networks and partnerships necessary to achieve organisational objectives through periods of growth and change. Ability to identify opportunities for change and lead improvement initiatives will be needed for this leadership position.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Callan Raine, Director - Executive on 0411 686 652. Alternatively, submit your application (CV and cover letter) via the apply button.
Applications Close Monday 13th June 2022