St Vincent de Paul Society Queensland is one of the States most iconic faith based Not for Profit organisations. Founded in 1833 by individuals who wished to put their faith into action, the organisation is built on strong Christian values and plays a critical role in providing unwavering support for those who suffer deprivation, marginalisation and inequality.
The Society has been in Queensland since 1894 and is represented by more than 600 employees and 7000 members and volunteers to help those who are struggling to take control of their lives whilst restoring their dignity; providing a hand up, not just a hand out. With 205 conferences (local branches) within the eight Diocese/regions, the Society differs from most charitable organisations in that the members, known as Vincentians, and volunteers are the core of the Society’s work.
The Society is a lay Catholic organisation that aspires to live the gospel message by serving Christ in the poor with love, respect, justice, hope and joy, and by working to shape a more just and compassionate society. Commitment, compassion, respect, integrity, empathy, advocacy and courage are our values. We work together in an environment where our people have a shared understanding of how we behave towards each other, the individuals and communities we serve, our supporters and all those we are in contact with through our good works.
About the role:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and part of the Executive Leadership Team, the General Manager CFO and Business Services will be responsible for leading the Finance, Information Technology and Procurement functions across the Society and ensuring operations are facilitated in accordance with policies, procedures and the philosophy of the Society.
The finance and business services portfolio brings together leading practice, technology, and specialist knowledge in providing the Society’s infrastructure, resource, and financial sustainability. This key executive appointment will be responsible for driving financial and business services success through open and accountable leadership, strategic and sustainable planning, equitable service delivery and sound financial management.
This executive appointment will be accountable for leading groupwide integration and optimisation of financial management and support, as well as providing critical support to the CEO and the Executive Team. This role will require collaboration with other parts of the organisation to ensure optimum integration of planning and service delivery across the Society.
Specifically, key accountabilities include:
- Provide strategic operational plans regarding the planning, financial, evaluation, implementation, and management of current and future opportunities for the society
- Contribute to the development, achievement, and review of the Strategic Plan.
- Develop an operational plan to ensure Finance, Information Technology and Procurement and Administration services and programs administered by St Vincent de Paul Society Queensland contribute to the achievement of the Strategic and Business Plans
- Develop, implement, and maintain a financial management framework and financial models which promote effective budget management and reporting
- Provide reporting & strategic recommendations to the CEO, State Council, State President, Diocesan Councils and members of the executive management team
- Work with the CEO, the State Council (Board), Executives on executing the Society’s strategic vision and plans.
- Drive a continuous improvement culture to identify opportunities to improve back-office efficiencies.
- Effectively engage with all stakeholders across the Society to achieve objectives
- Provide a high level of visionary leadership within the Society to ensure the effective delivery of services through best utilisation of human, financial and capital resources Support the CEO and Board strategic commercial outcomes by leading and contributing to key commercial transactions and by making critical business decisions.
- Develop and manage strategic direction of Investments & borrowings portfolio and oversight of compliance and taxation
- Report on progress to finance and business services objectives and operations on a quarterly basis for State Council, Boards as required
To be considered for the position, you will be a strong people leader who demonstrates extensive experience and record of achievements at a C-suite level either as a CFO or Senior Financial Executive GM equivalent across the Not for Profit or Commercial industry sectors. CPA/CA membership and tertiary finance or business qualifications are required. Along with your financial experience, sound strategic application and experience of Information Technology will be important. You will have solid leadership and emotional intelligence skills with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver strategy through a complex customer-oriented environment through strong transformational leadership, analytical and strategic thinking.
Your strategic commercial capability and experience as a senior leader are underpinned by your ability to model Christian values therefore ensuring that you assist the Society to fulfil its mission, vision and core values. It is essential that you demonstrate superior presentation and communication skills, with a personal presence and the ability to act confidently as the public spokesperson for the organisation.
Demonstrate integrity in all dealings; be honest and open; listen to and consider stakeholder views; demonstrate empathy; and act in a way that reflects the culture and values of the organisation.
Exceptional stakeholder relationship skills will be critical for this role as you will need to develop and foster essential networks and partnerships necessary to achieve organisational objectives through periods of growth and change. Ability to identify opportunities for change and lead improvement initiatives will be needed for this leadership position.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Callan Raine, Director - Executive on 0411 686 652. Alternatively, submit your application (CV and cover letter) via the apply button.
Applications Close Friday 12 August 2022