About our client:
This is an exciting opportunity to join the finance team of a small specialist investment management organization which forms part of a global pension fund manager. This fund accounting position will see you play an integral role in managing and communicating the funds’ performance and financial position to its parent company.
About the role:
Reporting into the Senior Accountant, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Assist in preparation of monthly management accounts (profit and loss, balance sheet and cash Flow);
- Prepare and post general journals, accrual journals, month-end standing journals;
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations with proper supporting documentation
- Prepare periodic BAS/IAS;
- Assist in with the preparation of year-end financial statements and income tax returns;
- Upload and code invoices;
- Prepare payments for approval and bank reconciliations;
- Maintain the fixed asset and CGT registers;
- Reconcile inter-company balances and invoicing related parties;
- Assist with annual budgeting and forecasting;
- Drive continuous improvement in systems, reporting, process and efficiency.
- You love working in a fast paced and collaborative environment
- Ideally, you will be a CA/CPA qualified accounting professional and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills as your ability to interact and engage with a small team will be crucial to your success.
- You will be able to work cohesively within a team as well as autonomously.
- Additionally, you will have a strong attention to detail and have a background in chartered accounting (either Big-4 / Mid-Tier) or a large corporate.
- Experience in the property (REIT) and/or agricultural sectors would be considered highly advantageous, but not necessary.
An attractive salary package with additional benefits and the opportunity to join a small, cohesive team that is on a path to significant growth.
If you are looking for a change and this is an opportunity that excites you, please click the 'Apply' button below.