About our client:
Our client is a global giant in the FMCG world and present in Australian households the length and breadth of the across the country. They boast iconic brands in their portfolio and continue to innovate and stay close to their customers to remain on top of their game!
About the role:
The role of Finance Analyst – Marketing works closely with the team of talented Marketers who have end-to-end ownership of marketing campaigns and run unique programs for the local Australian market. You will provide this team with valuable financial insights and analysis to support them in achieving their goals and objectives.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide monthly A&P reporting to marketing team and director, including visibility to any phasing or brand shifts, YTD and full year view.
- Process improvements to improve Advertising & Promotion (A&P) planning, accounting and reporting efficiency.
- Partner with the Brand Managers, Marketing Leadership Team (MLT) and Marketing Director to ensure delivery of A&P spend within annual budget & meeting their financial challenges as well as providing insight/reporting to manage their spend
- Provide financial support to Snacks marketing team and work on business cases and P/L to drive profitability.
- Drive monthly Snacks Brand P&L deep dive, including in market performance review, insights, and drive actions for top line and profitability improvement.
- Ownership of month-end close process
- Ensure compliance within accounting standards regarding all A&P accruals. Key contact for external Auditors and SOX testing.
- Business degree in Accounting, coupled with either CA or CPA
- Previous experience in a commercial finance/marketing partnering role, ideally from an FMCG environment
- To excel in this role you will need strong communication, negotiation & influencing skills
- Strong ability to build relationships and partner with the business to drive results
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment – often with competing priorities so being able to manage them all effectively
- Experience with SAP is advantageous, along with Microsoft office including Excel
On offer is a pro-rated competitive salary including performance related bonuses and incentives, free on-site car parking, a focus on work/life balance and half day Fridays!