Our client is a world leader in providing technology and business solutions to people, clients, and communities. Innovation is a part of the company’s culture. This company has become a destination of choice for the very best candidates, particularly if innovation is part of their DNA.
As a Data Engineer, you will design, manage, deliver, and implement complex in areas such as business intelligence, machine learning, data mining, complex data analytics, taking a solution from strategy through implementation to managed service.
You will be undertaking complex research in the application of data governance, data analytics and science techniques to industry business problems along with designing data management and analytics processes and models to deliver insights and meet business outcomes.
- Providing technical guidance as SME and hands-on delivery team member across multiple clients and engagements.
- Building relationships with clients and identifying opportunities for data design improvement
- Managing multiple client engagements and potentially leading several teams
- Designing, architecting, and implementing complex batch and real-time data analysis solutions and services in business intelligence, predictive and prescriptive analytics, data science, data management, and information management, utilising Agile (Scrum) frameworks
- Discover the business problem to be solved and generate solutions
- Designing, developing and implementing data collection, transformation, and data integration solutions, machine learning algorithms and scripts to create, coordinate and deploy information and analytics solutions, pipelines, and data storage
- Developing reporting and data analytics solutions, tools, and APIs
- Contribute to thought leadership, and demonstrate personal excellence in the business application of advanced analytics techniques
- Must have experience producing artefacts, prototypes, process models, and dealing with complex data sets, data platform/techniques and analytics solutions
- Strong strategic thinker and problem solver, with technical competency and commercial awareness to be a liaising point for client and delivery team.
- Must have an interest in providing analytics solutions including big data platforms, techniques, and algorithms for data mining and machine learning.
- Knowledge and experience developing queries and/or custom analytical processing in R or python for ad hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.
- Must be an expertise designing, developing and implementing robust production-grade systems for data ETL, SQL for reporting and data transformation, developing integrations for data ingestion, data mapping and data processing capabilities (large scale ETL, BI and/or Analytical platforms)
- Experience in designing data mining and analytics solutions with a range of software and statistical development platforms (such as R, Python, etc).
- Excellent knowledge of a range of predictive and descriptive modelling techniques
- Must have knowledge in popular techniques and algorithms for predictive and descriptive modelling techniques, data mining and machine learning.
- Good to have experience across multiple big data technologies, such as MS Azure, GCP, AWS, Cloudera, Mark logic, Neo4j, Splunk, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka, etc.
What’s on offer?
A package of up to $150,000 + super is offered in addition, the successful candidate will play a key role to be a liaising point for the client and delivery team as part of bigger project delivery teams. You can catapult your career to the next level in technological innovation as a consultant.