Uniting believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. They work to inspire people, enliven communities, and confront injustice. Uniting's core focus is always on the people they serve, no matter where they are at in their life.
Uniting's services are in the areas of aged care, disability, child and family, community services, and chaplaincy. At Uniting, it is important that they are involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people they serve. As an organisation, Uniting celebrate diversity and welcome all people regardless of disability, lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation or gender identity.
About the role:
Reporting to the Marketing Business Lead, Retirement and Independent Living, this exciting newly created role role will support the Communication and Engagement Manager to implement engagement strategies to meet the needs of NSW State Significant Development Application approvals, critical to the expansion of the Retirement and Independent Living property portfolio. In addition, the ongoing communication to residents, and stakeholders during redevelopment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Co-develop and implement communication and engagement strategies for a range of communities and stakeholders, residents and church representatives around asset planning, pre-development application and construction.
- Deliver a range of online and face-to-face community and stakeholder consultation initiatives and the supporting high quality written communications to effectively inform and engage.
- Support the Communication and Engagement Manager to report on the interests of residents, church, community and key stakeholders, assess program and project risks and provide recommendations on how to best manage complex and contentious issues.
- Work across a number of projects simultaneously, ensuring activities are well coordinated and delivered on time
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of stakeholder databases for new developments.
- Deliver a range of online and face-to-face community and stakeholder consultation initiatives that meet IAP2 best practice.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in communications and community engagement.
- Advanced communication skills in writing, editing and planning.
- Ability to understand and analyse complex information to then create clear, concise and engaging content to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to interact and communicate with residents, stakeholders, community groups and the public.
- Strong understanding of marketing, media, and business disciplines.
- Excellent project management, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills, with high levels of emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Flexibility is the key to be successful in this role as deadlines shift and commitment to urgent deadlines may be required from time-to-time.
- Able to work on several different projects simultaneously, autonomously and within a collaborative environment.
- Experience in community and stakeholder engagement in line with Undertaking Engagement Guidelines for State Significant Projects, Department of Planning and Environment (DPE).
- Experience working in an agency or client side specialising in communication and community engagement, either private or public sector
- Experience in retirement living, property, DPE, urban redevelopment, infrastructure projects.
To apply please submit your resume and we will be in contact with you shortly.
Thank you for your interest.