Our client is one of Queensland's most iconic 'For Purpose' organisations. Founded on strong values and built around valuing and respecting human lives. The organisation’s role is to support people during vulnerable times in their lives, and therefore they deliver unwavering commitment to the provision of the highest quality service.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, and a key member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will be responsible for the leadership, execution and thought partnership to drive and support operational effectiveness and the achievement of the organisations strategic objectives. The COO will be accountable for leading the integrated design, cost effective delivery and sustained operation of the organisations’ service delivery.
Leading a team of multi-disciplinary professionals and working collaboratively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, the Chief Operations Officer will ensure the delivery of customer focused and cost effective business services across the business.
Specifically, key accountabilities include:
- Participate as a member of the executive leadership team to provide executive level leadership of operational and service delivery through effective strategy formulation, people leadership, customer and stakeholder engagement, financial and commercial excellence.
- Inspire and shape organisational culture through transformational leadership that instils the vision, mission and values in striving for excellence in operations delivery.
- Provide strong leadership and direction within the organisation and externally across industry, government and community stakeholders.
- Accountability for the overall profitability of the organisation including budget performance, growth and business development.
- Scan and interpret the external environment, maintaining awareness of political, economic, government, business and industry drivers, partnering with relevant bodies and stakeholders to influence direction of the future direction of the organisation.
- Own accountability for the overall sustainability of the organisation, leading strategies for growth, and ensuring alignment of structure, systems and operations to deliver strategy.
- Direct the organisation’s governance towards fulfilment of statutory and legislative requirements, quality standards, and achievement of ethical customer outcomes across operations.
- Create a culture of change and innovation to enable continuous growth and improvement.
- Optimise market placement for the organisation by proactively searching for opportunities to consolidate and grow the organisation organically, as well as through amalgamations and partnerships.
- Represent the organisation and build its profile across government, industry and the community.
- Report to the Board on the status of strategy and plans, highlighting risks and opportunities for growth and sustainability.
Key Skills Required:
To be considered for the position, you will be a strong people leader who demonstrates extensive experience and record of achievements at a COO level across the Commercial / Healthcare / Not for Profit industry sectors. You will have solid leadership and emotional intelligence skills with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver strategy through a complex customer-oriented environment through strong transformational leadership, analytical and strategic thinking.
Your strategic commercial capability and experience as a senior leader are underpinned by your strong values. It is essential that you demonstrate superior presentation and communication skills, with a personal presence and the ability to act confidently as the public spokesperson for the organisation.
Demonstrate integrity in all dealings; be honest and open; listen to and consider stakeholder views; demonstrate empathy; and act in a way that reflects the culture and values of the organisation.
Exceptional stakeholder relationship skills will be critical for this role as you will need to develop and foster essential networks and partnerships necessary to achieve organisational objectives through periods of growth and change.
Ability to identify opportunities for change and lead improvement initiatives along with a strong financial, governance and risk compliance skill will be needed for this leadership position.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Callan Raine, Director - Executive on 0411 686 652. Alternatively, submit your application (CV and cover letter) via the apply button.