About the Role:
The role of the Vendor Relationship Specialist is responsible for building and managing relationships with one or more vendors who supply digital and technology products and services.
The Vendor Relationship Specialist ensures that the organisation achieves its objectives with strategic vendors and assists the IT vendors in their efforts to be successful within the organisation. This role ensures that partner relationships and commercial arrangements are aligned with the ICT strategy and that all partners are held to account for meeting and exceeding their obligations.
- Extensive experience working with strategic sourcing and partner management strategies and plans for IT services and managing alignment with these.
- Demonstrated success operating in a complex and multi-faceted organisation, experiencing constant market pressures.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and managing relationships, including developing strategic partner engagement and communication plans and standing up governance forums.
- Strong communication and social skills and an ability to work effectively with people at all skill and organisational levels internally and externally.
- Excellent written and oral presentation, problem solving, decision-making, project management and facilitation skills.
- Strong ability to communicate with IT users and business leaders to understand requirements, expectations and value measures.
- Experience in managing vendor relationships, contractual, sourcing and procurement process competencies.
- Knowledge of best practice vendor management methods and approaches, tools, processes and objectives
- Highly developed negotiation skills, with experience as a negotiator in large vendor engagements.
- High ethical standards and knowledge of probity requirements in commercial arrangements.
- Tertiary Qualification in Business Administration, Information Technology or other relevant discipline.
For further information about this opportunity, please email Martin Castle at Troocoo at ICT@troocoo.com or call on 07 3054 1129 a confidential discussion.