The successful candidate will ensure all tax compliance work is completed accurately and on a timely basis. This includes responsibility for reviewing and improving tax compliance processes. Reporting to the CFO you will liaise and advise across tax consulting and tax planning matters.
- Implement appropriate tax strategies and structuring, in liaison with external advisers as required.
- Manage the review of commercial and contractual agreements as they relate to tax matters.
- Influence and take a leading role in industry specific taxes, including interaction with relevant industry, regulatory and Government bodies
- Preparation of annual income tax returns for the consolidated group, as well as related position papers.
- Preparation of the annual FBT return.
- Finalisation and review of monthly BAS, and related fuel tax credit and financial acquisition threshold calculations.
- Preparation of annual Petroleum Resource Rent Tax (PRRT) returns.
- Finalisation and review of tax effect accounting work papers for half-yearly and annual financial reporting.
- Preparation of income tax provision work papers, tax notes for financial statements and tax-related commentary for the Annual Report.
- Facilitate the research and development claims for the consolidated group.
- Development of tax policies and procedures.
- Experience in a corporate taxation role either in a Big 4 accounting firm or a large listed corporate.
- CA/CPA or equivalent and/or Masters of Tax qualified or equivalent
- Strong understanding and practical experience within Australian tax laws and obligations including income tax, FBT, GST and PRRT.
- Experience in dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Exposure to M&A tax structuring