Help change veterans’ lives for the better.
RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with Queensland’s Defence family for 103 years, and has entered its second century of operations with renewed focus and vision. Their crucial welfare and well-being services are enriching the lives of contemporary veterans and their families through counselling, employment and homelessness services, education, rehabilitation and other programs and initiatives.
The driving force behind funding these services is the RSL Art Union Lottery which over the last decade has reached unprecedented growth through market disruption and innovation. We have also adopted cutting edge technologies to streamline operations and create opportunities for ongoing innovation.
Work amongst leading professionals who are pushing the boundaries in contemporary marketing including the adoption of AI, propensity modelling and a customer experience focus.
About the role
The Systems Engineer will perform a critical function ensuring the successful implementation and maintenance of RSL Queensland, Mates4Mates and RSL Tasmania ICT infrastructure within agreed timeframes, budgets and service levels. The Systems Engineer will be a part of a small, dynamic and capable team to deliver on our ICT infrastructure objectives.
- Assist in monitoring and upgrading the capacity of the IT Infrastructure to accommodate the organisation’s growing and changing requirements
- Implement and maintain comprehensive monitoring of the availability and health of all IT products, services, systems and processes
- Contribute to the maintenance of the Configuration Management Database
- Assist to ensure PCI compliance with all in-scope network infrastructure and services
- Deploy and reconfigure new/existing systems infrastructure and services
- Deliver systems infrastructure and services as per agreed service levels
- Degree qualified in IT systems or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience implementing and maintaining a Microsoft Windows Environment
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Azure and PaaS
- Demonstrated experience implementing and maintaining a virtualised infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience implementing and maintaining a national private network
- Solid Office 365 Experience
- Solid Lync / Skype for Business Experience
- Solid MS Teams experience, Teams voice highly regarded
- Solid SharePoint online/OneDrive for Business knowledge
- Experience in monitoring systems
- Experience with automation software, Systems Centre Configuration Manager and Intune highly regarded.
- Solid networking knowledge
We could talk about RSL Queensland’s flexible work arrangements, its fully stocked kitchens and fridges and our Benefits Hub. But the benefits that set us apart include:
- RSL Queensland values all voices – have an influence, be the difference!
- Work in an empowered workforce – your new ideas are encouraged, heard and valued
- Have fun while you work – enjoy regular social and team activities
- RSL Queensland is relaxed but professional – dress for your day
- We are dog friendly – bring your fur baby to work!
- Everything you do contributes to a great cause: supporting Queensland’s veteran community
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply today.