With the help and support of the Tax Manager, the successful candidate will undertake tax compliance work, including responsibility for reviewing and improving tax compliance processes. Reporting to the Tax Manager you will liaise and advise leadership around tax consulting and tax planning matters.
- Assist in designing appropriate tax strategies in liaison with external advisers as required.
- Support the review of commercial and contractual agreements as they relate to tax matters.
- Influence and educate colleagues around industry specific taxes, including interaction with relevant industry, regulatory and Government bodies.
- Preparation of annual income tax returns.
- Preparation of the annual FBT return.
- Finalisation and review of monthly BAS.
- Finalisation and review of tax effect accounting work papers for half-yearly and annual financial reporting.
- Development of tax policies and procedures.
- Experience in a corporate taxation role.
- CA/CPA qualified.
- Strong understanding and practical experience within Australian tax laws and obligations including income tax, FBT and GST.
- Experience of reporting within SAP or a large ERP system.
- Experience in dealing with internal and external stakeholders.