The successful candidate will ensure all tax compliance work is completed accurately and on a timely basis. This includes responsibility for reviewing and improving tax compliance processes. Reporting to the Head of Tax you will liaise and advise across tax consulting and tax planning matters.
- Assist in designing appropriate tax strategies in liaison with external advisers as required.
- Support the review of commercial and contractual agreements as they relate to tax matters.
- Influence and take a leading role in industry specific taxes, including interaction with relevant industry, regulatory and Government bodies
- Preparation of annual income tax returns
- Preparation of the annual FBT return.
- Finalisation and review of monthly BAS
- Finalisation and review of tax effect accounting work papers for half-yearly and annual financial reporting.
- Development of tax policies and procedures.
- Experience in a corporate taxation role.
- CA/CPA qualified
- Strong understanding and practical experience within Australian tax laws and obligations including income tax, FBT and GST.
- Experience of reporting within SAP or a large ERP system.
- Experience in dealing with internal and external stakeholders