- Working with users to define the requirements of an application and specifying an optimum design for subsequent development.
- Interfacing with end-users and all levels of management to translate business requirements into appropriate IT related specifications (functional specifications).
- Selecting suitable software packages, analysing systems and data.
- Performing analytical assignments as required by IT management, particularly in areas of difficulty, critical need.
- Assisting in staff supervision and training and providing assistance and guidance to programming staff during the development and testing of applications.
- Achieving necessary design and systems security standards.
- More than 6 years’ experience in software development, with at least 3 years’ in systems specification and design.
- Requirement to have a computer science or related discipline.
- Advanced skills in one or more of the major programming languages, and in the evaluation of hardware and software options.
- Project planning and specification skills, together with problem solving and analysis abilities. The latter is usually based on specific industry knowledge (Banking, Insurance, etc.) and considerable User liaison.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Has been a member of a project delivery team that has successfully delivered a major business solution (applications systems into production).
For further information about this opportunity, please email Martin Castle or Frances Standen at TROOCOO at ICT@troocoo.com or call on 07 3054 1129 for a confidential discussion.