Our client is Aurizon Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year they transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities — connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets. Aurizon provides customers with integrated freight and logistics solutions across an extensive national rail and road network, traversing Australia. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate Senior Software Engineer to join a high performing, supportive and diverse environment to take a pivotal role on the technology journey by supporting and optimizing the technology environment.
- Great work culture with flexible work-balance options
- Outstanding Brisbane office close to transport and amenities
- Excellent remuneration package on offer.
- Work with leading edge products utilising cutting edge and emerging tools and platform
Aurizon constantly strives towards providing a better, healthier and dynamic environment for their employees. Benefits offered to employees include volunteer leave, parental leave, ATSI cultural leave, employee assistance support groups, mentoring with coaching programs and remote working options. They also strive to help the community by often supporting local charities, sponsorship programs and community groups. Aurizon’s focus is not only on transportation; but also sustainability.
About the role
The responsibilities of this Senior Software Engineer include:
- Enhance, optimize, implement and maintain application programs and interfaces
- Set governance and best practice principles
- Support process improvement by automation, process design and documentation
- Providing technical advice and support to the business
- Working closely with vendors and other internal teams
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years as a Software Engineer in the Microsoft Technology stack covering .NET, SharePoint, and SQL
- Any experience in K2 would be beneficial, but not mandatory
- Strong proven experience developing and supporting COTS and Bespoke applications
- Strong ability to understand features and functionality in establishing new methods and procedures to improve business processes
- Strong proven experience working with business partners and vendors
- Strong ability to create roadmaps for the lifecycle of applications
- Have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to prioritize activities and deliver work on time
- Have great problem solving skills and outside of the box thinking attitude
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, and you’re looking to join an organisation on the move, and will truly care about your career, then please apply by submitting your application in word format and we'll come back to you shortly to discuss the role in further detail.
Alternatively, contact Andrew Pyke at email@example.com to arrange a confidential discussion.
We look forward to hearing from you.