Credit Union Australia (CUA) is an organisation that is driven by a passionate and genuine desire to make a difference and help their members enrich their lives. When you join CUA you have a chance to be part of something different in a growing organisation that seeks to put its members at its heart. With CUA, profits go back to customer as better rates and lower fees to provide its members with better-value banking. This is an organisation that has a great appreciation for the importance of their brand and its connection to core values, so you will be highly valued and integral in their ongoing success. At CUA you will see the results of your work, be recognised for your achievements and be provided with the support you need to grow both personally and professionally.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Products you play an important role in the Products leadership team and are a key influencer across the organisation.
As the Senior Product Manager, Mortgages you manage the pricing, performance, risk and compliance of CUA’s Mortgage Products. You ensure we remain compliant and competitive in the market, meeting our members expectations and financial targets over the short and long term. You collaborate pro-actively across the organisation to optimise marketing, risk settings, sales and service processes to deliver a Mortgage solution for our members. As a leader, you will coach, mentor and guide a committed team to take ownership, stand up, stand out and grow their careers at CUA.
You will also be responsible for:
- Proactively applying member insights and analysis to identify product gaps and opportunities in the portfolio strategy.
- Engaging with key delivery areas to understand needs and opportunities, building sustainable and collaborative working partnerships.
- Constructing robust business cases and recommending appropriate pricing strategies to ensure CUA stay ahead of our competitors.
- Ensuring the portfolio is regularly reviewed, aligned with business objectives and tailored to deliver solutions for members.
- The product pricing strategy and ensuring appropriate product information and sales support is available for the broader business.
- Managing the end to end risk profile of the mortgages profile in conjunction with your key stakeholders (sales, operations, credit risk, operational risk etc).
- Creating a culture of exceptional service, team work, commitment to excellence and a professional ethic that enables the achievement of team and organisational objectives.
This is a critical appointment for CUA, therefore we are looking for an exceptional Senior Product Manager who has detailed knowledge of lending products and who has demonstrable experience delivering sound business strategies which create value. You will also be extremely commercially-savvy, financially minded, entrepreneurial and a strategic thinker.
Furthermore, to be successful in this role you will have:
- 7 plus years in product management with at least 3 years experience managing an entire product portfolio.
- Proven track record in mortgages and dealing with complex change in a complex environment.
- Proven product management, development and delivery skills and experience (including appropriate methodology) with experience managing a Product Portfolio product and loss.
- Proven track record of leadership and delivery in a Financial Services environment demonstrating a clear focus on meeting agreed business targets, priorities and objectives.
- Ability to build strong working relationships and partnerships, and to continuously improve the business by generating new and practical ways of doing things in order to solve problems and gain competitive advantage.
- A goal-oriented attitude and you thrive on achieving targets.
- An influential, persuasive manner and have the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Innovative, creative and solutions-focused skills with the ability to implement practical solutions that really work.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Marketing/Business Degree).
In this role you will have the chance to be part of something truly different and work for Australia's largest customer-owned financial institution. For further information please call Graeme Lammie on 07 3054 1148 or to apply please submit your application in word format and we will be in contact with you shortly in follow up. Thank you again for your interest in this fantastic opportunity.