Specifically in the Investment Data Governance stream, this entails marrying a detailed understanding of data management best practices with the needs of the business and influencing adoption through an issue resolution, value lead approach.
To be successful in this position, you will ideally possess the skills and knowledge listed below:
- Bachelors degree in a related subject (e.g. Business, Finance, Information Systems, Computer Science);
- Demonstrated relevant work experience, as part of the team responsible for Data Governance onboarding and community engagement, ideally in an institutional investment management environment;
- Experience with large data projects including representing data practices, Data Steward/Custodian engagement, facilitation and documentation of decision;
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience interacting/communicating with stakeholders at all levels including presentations to executive leadership, data story telling, and leading with a value based proposition;
- Significant experience working with investment data and investment data systems including industry standard data management practices and investment business processes;
- Organisational skills with an ability to meet deadlines with accuracy;
- Team player with the demonstrated ability to build relationships and collaborate across teams to influence outcomes;
- Ability to foresee and strategize to overcome barriers, adapt approaches to situations, and have a value lead approach from understanding business needs;
- Demonstrated professional behaviour and presentation;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Knowledge of DMBOK and Data Maturity models;
- Knowledge of Change Management techniques and approaches.