This large, values based organisation is backed by strong foundations in the QLD community. Each day, vital services are provided to thousands of people through it's various entities and the organisation is continuing to enhance key functions. Due to an internal move, one of the Finance divisions is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant for a 10 month fixed term contract.
About the Role:
Reporting to an experienced Finance Manager, you will be working among a small close knit team, part of a large finance function. Career progression and development opportunities are just two of the benefits that this role have an offer as there is high likelihood of future opportunities becoming available within the team, that you could apply for.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing, documenting and maintaining the delivery of financial reporting month end closure processes
- Developing, documenting, and maintaining cost centre and general ledger account structures within the financial management information systems
- Responsibility for managing grant and funding acquittals
- Providing general ledger account reconciliation and verification activities
- Supporting internal and external audit requirements within the financial accounting and reporting team accountabilities
- Delivering financial reporting that meets all relevant legislative, accounting standards, regulatory and organisational requirements
- Act as key liaison with stakeholders on project accounting concepts and specification of business requirements as required.
You are a detail orientated, experienced Senior Accountant seeking a long term opportunity within a large organisation that will provide you with future career opportunities.
We are only seeking candidates that have experience Financial Accounting in either the not-for profit, health or community sectors due to the requirement for acquittals expertise.
Ideally you will present with the following competencies:
- CA or CPA + extensive experience as a Senior Financial Accountant with qualifications in accounting or a related field
- Knowledge of the Australian Accounting Standards
- Strong engagement and communication skills, with a passion for collaboration
- Detail orientated with an enjoyment of working in the intricacies of technical accounting