People Helping People. It is at the heart of everything UnitingCare Queensland (UnitingCare) do. As the health and community service provider of the Uniting Church they have supported people across Queensland for over 100 years. And while each of their 400 locations offers unique challenges and rewards, their 17,000 staff and 9000 volunteers are all united by a single mission – to improve the health and wellbeing of people in communities across Queensland and the Northern Territory. Their services encompass eight major brands including UnitingCare, Blue Care, The Wesley Hospital, St Andrew’s War Memorial Hospital, Buderim Private Hospital and St Stephens Hospital, Lifeline, and Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS).
UnitingCare are looking for passionate individuals who share their values and are driven to make a real difference in the lives of those who need it most – including the elderly, those with disabilities, children, families and Indigenous people.
UnitingCare has recently embarked on a new and exciting corporate renewal, which is creating a stronger business model to deliver the organisation’s long-term strategy. This corporate transformation is delivering on a single vision with a united voice, stronger partnerships, and the ability to make an even greater impact on the people and communities they serve.
Reporting to the Manager, Health and Safety and a member of the wider Health & Safety team, you will partner with and influence business leaders and employees at The Wesley Hospital, across a range of health and safety initiatives. You will enjoy proactively coaching to build safety leadership capability and progress key strategies, whilst providing practical advice and support across all levels.
- Work with the Health & Safety team and hospital to achieve consistency of strategies, service delivery arrangements and performance outcomes
- Monitor, guide and inform on Health & Safety management Policies, Procedures
- Support staff providing specialist advice, coaching and practical support
- Lead and coordinate the delivery of Health & Safety training including manual handling
- Undertake auditing and inspections of relevant systems ascertaining compliance
- Lead the analysis of incident and injury data to establish risk profiles
- Provide reports for outlining trending, risk analysis and reporting on lead and lag indicators.
- Support Managers in incident, near miss and hazard reporting and investigation and lead comprehensive investigation as required
Working for a customer centric organisation that is committed to safety, innovation and communities is paramount for you. You are passionate about people and safety, influencing change and committed to making a difference while adhering to UnitingCare’s mission and values.
Relevant skills and experience required:
- Solid experience as a Health and Safety Advisor, influencing as a business partner
- Experience implementing health & safety systems, policy/procedure frameworks
- High level influencing and engagement skills utilised across a broad range of stakeholders, including senior leaders
- Tertiary qualification in Workplace Health and Safety or a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in manual handling training
- Experience working within a healthcare environment would be highly desired
Troocoo's top priority is the health, safety and well-being of our team, contractors, clients and extended networks. We want to assure you that Troocoo remains committed to delivering exceptional services and have implemented processes to minimise the risk and disruption in relation to COVID-19.