St Vincent's Care Services is a leading and trusted provider of aged care and retirement services in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. As part of St Vincent’s Health Australia – one of Australia’s largest Catholic health and aged care providers, residents and clients have access to an extensive, world-class health network.
St Vincent’s Health Australia is a leader in clinical care, research and education, and operates an expanding portfolio of private hospitals, public hospitals, aged care services and co-located research institutes along the east coast of Australia. Services are founded on a long heritage of caring, and both the staff and volunteers live the values of compassion, justice, integrity and excellence every day.
St Vincent’s Care Services recognise that retirement and ageing is different for everyone. Operating in south-east Queensland, Melbourne and Sydney, the focus is on providing a range of services that can be tailored to meet needs and preferences. Services include: Community Living; Independent Living and Residential Living.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the Executive General Manager Service Delivery, and a key member of the Service Delivery Leadership Team, the Queensland State Manager will be responsible for the leadership, management and oversight for the ongoing delivery of all residential, Independent Living Units and Aged Care services within a designated State in accordance with the values, mission and vision of the organisation and the requirements of the organisation’s service model and obligations as an approved provider.
Leading a team of multi-disciplinary professionals and working collaboratively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, the QLD State Manager will be accountable for the operational and financial performance of the services, alignment of clinical governance, whilst meeting statutory obligations and compliance standards for all service delivery activities. The State Manager will be expected to drive will innovation and embed thought leadership, cultural change and consumer focus in pursuit of service excellence.
Specifically, key accountabilities include:
- Participate as a member of Service Delivery leadership team to provide leadership of operational and service delivery in a dynamic and changing aged care environment through effective strategy formulation, people leadership, customer and stakeholder engagement, financial and commercial excellence.
- Inspire and shape organisational culture through transformational leadership that instils the vision, mission and values in striving for excellence in the delivery of services and care.
- Ensure the effective delivery of Residential, Independent Living Units and Aged Care services integrated service delivery and high quality performance outcomes across operational sites whilst ensuring the highest quality of clinical care to their customers.
- Provide strong leadership and direction within the organisation and externally across industry, government and community stakeholders.
- Oversee the development and implementation of integrated service management across service streams and identify and contribute to new service initiatives and service growth
- Promote the Mission, Vision and Values of the organisation across all areas of service responsibility and participate in formation
- Ensure statutory requirements are met and clinical excellence is achieved for all operational activities relevant legislation and regulations, Government regulatory bodies and ethical standards.
- Own accountability for the overall sustainability of the organisation, leading strategies for growth, and ensuring alignment of structure, systems and operations to deliver strategy.
- Oversee the local implementation of the organisation’s service model addressing any issues and capturing feedback for improvements
- Direct the organisation’s governance towards fulfilment of statutory and legislative requirements, quality standards, and achievement of ethical customer outcomes across operations.
- Create a culture of change and innovation to enable continuous growth and improvement.
- Represent the organisation and build its profile across government, industry and the community.
- Work closely with the Consumer Experience Team to achieve occupancy targets, a seamless consumer journey, a high level on consumer satisfaction and to develop new product/service initiatives
Key Skills Required:
To be considered for the position, you will be a strong people leader who demonstrates extensive experience and record of achievements at an operational executive level across the Aged Care or Human Services industry sectors.
You will have solid leadership and emotional intelligence skills with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver operational strategy through a complex customer-oriented environment through strong transformational leadership, analytical and strategic thinking.
Your strategic commercial capability and experience as a senior leader are underpinned by your ability to model Catholic values therefore ensuring that you assist St Vincent’s Care Services to fulfil its mission, vision and core values. It is essential that you demonstrate superior presentation and communication skills.
Demonstrate integrity in all dealings; be honest and open; listen to and consider stakeholder views; demonstrate empathy; and act in a way that reflects the culture and values of the organisation.
Exceptional stakeholder relationship skills will be critical for this role as you will need to develop and foster essential networks and partnerships necessary to achieve organisational objectives through periods of growth and change.
Ability to leverage on data in order to identify opportunities for change and lead improvement initiatives along with a strong financial, governance and risk compliance skill will be needed for this leadership position.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Callan Raine Director - Executive on 0411 686 652. Alternatively, submit your application via the apply button, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 8 November 2020