Reporting through to the Control Manager the role of Quality Control Officer is responsible for ensuring best practice is maintained at all times while monitoring and providing insight around process improvement, strategic planning, quality assurance and inventory control. This is a diverse role that requires a high degree of decision making and ability to influence key stakeholder groups with regards to best practice and quality.
Key accountabilities / skills for the role:
- Accurate testing, inspection and prompt reporting of test results to provide verification of product quality to required standards
- Actively participate in QC system improvement in inventory and factory settings to improve overall quality compliance
- Assist in and facilitate audits and ensuring accuracy of inventory through the quality control area of the warehouse, aligning to relevant departmental KPI’s
- Conducting internal audits as required and present findings to the management team
- Utilise available equipment to test materials quality for content, product strength and integrity, and other relevant aspects of manufacturing.
- Suggest improvements and enhancements to be utilised by vendors for continuous improvement product.
- Maintain and develop quality requirements from vendors, working with them to constantly improve product quality and durability.
- Continually evolve system requirements to support the quality assurance.
- Minimise Stock take variance through standardised practices in managing locations & statuses within internal systems.
- Data driven with an Analytical mindset
- High attention to detail, and a low risk threshold on any areas of compliance.
- A commitment to excellence in the field of quality control
- Methodical and Process driven
For more information please email Kate Russell at Troocoo, firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 07 3054 1150.