One of our top tier Energy clients are in need for an experienced and dynamic Project Manager to provide project management services as part of the ICT Program. The ICT Project Manager skillfully integrates all project management knowledge areas to deliver agreed outputs and outcomes for all ICT Projects under their management. This role will deliver a project (already underway), within the regulatory 5 minute settlement (5MS) program. The 5MS program is due for industry completion by 1 October 2021. The Project Manager is responsible for project managing assigned energy trading system projects in my clients Trading project portfolio.
Role & Responsibilities
- Document and manage project risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies.
- Identify, secure and manage all required or allocated project resources to agreed outcomes.
- Manage approved funds and ensure monthly financial forecasts, quarterly resource forecasts and annual budgets are accurate.
- Define scopes of work, manage the procurement of services, and the subsequent contracts with external suppliers.
- Prepare and report on variations to project time, cost quality and scope.
- Facilitate, manage and report to relevant project governance forums including steering committees and working groups.
- Work effectively with Project Sponsor, Project Client, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other project stakeholders to deliver agreed outcomes and meet overall project objectives.
- Ensure information technology change activities are in place to enable the successful deployment of project outcomes.
As an ICT Project Manager you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or other relevant subject
- Qualified in a project management methodology (Prince 2, PMBOK or equivalent)
- Experience in financial derivative, energy industry and commodity trading organizations (highly regarded).
- Demonstrated project management capability including scope definition/management, schedule, project planning, budget management, and risk/issues management.
- Proven ability to work with a mix of stakeholders including executives, users, suppliers, external commercial advisors and internal support services (PMO, Sites, Finance, Procurement, HR, Communcations and Legal).
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining the integrity of a project’s business case and its plans (project plan, stage plan, procurement plan, change management plan and benefits realisation plan).
For further information about this opportunity, please email Martin Castle at Troocoo, ICT@troocoo.com or call on 0479 095 264 for a confidential discussion