Help change veterans’ lives for the better.
RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with Queensland’s Defence family for 103 years, and has entered its second century of operations with renewed focus and vision. Their crucial welfare and wellbeing services are enriching the lives of contemporary veterans and their families through counselling, employment and homelessness services, education, rehabilitation and other programs and initiatives.
The driving force behind funding these services is the RSL Art Union Lottery which over the last decade has reached unprecedented growth through market disruption and innovation. We have also adopted cutting edge technologies to streamline operations and create opportunities for ongoing innovation.
Work amongst leading professionals who are pushing the boundaries in contemporary marketing including the adoption of AI, propensity modelling and a customer experience focus.
About the Role
The Project Coordinator will provide a high level of program and project coordination to the Project Manager and the Program Change and Communication Manager. The ability to think strategically combined with strong program and project management experience, and knowledge in behavioural change will be utilised in this role, in addition to exceptional relationship management and partnering skills, all of which will assist the program to deliver to agreed timeframes, budget and standards. This position will also play a key role in the establishment and communications of the project governance and associated processes.
- Maintain and update the project schedules and project documentation in Project Online, including risk and issues register and project resourcing.
- Maintain DevOps project user stories and features with the project team BA’s and monitor dashboards and progress of user stories in sprints. Follow up issues and actions arising.
- Trouble shoot PM tools, maintain training materials for tools and provide one on one training for new team members as part of the on boarding process.
- Schedule project meetings, take minutes, post to teams and follow up actions. Coordinate meeting venues and catering requirements as needed.
- Escalate blockers and other issues to the Project Manager as appropriate, with key stakeholders identified and recommendations for mitigation.
- Degree qualification with major in Business, Project Management highly regarded but not essential.
- 3+ years’ experience in project co-ordination role with effective collaboration and experience in managing stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience in project management principles and technologies (PRINCE 2 or PMBOK and Agile, plus tools such as MS Project, Dev Ops/Jira or equivalents).
- Demonstrated experience in project planning and budget management.
- Strong Excel reporting skills.
We could talk about RSL Queensland’s flexible work arrangements, its fully stocked kitchens and fridges and our Benefits Hub. But the benefits that set us apart include:
- RSL Queensland values all voices – have an influence, be the difference!
- Work in an empowered workforce – your new ideas are encouraged, heard and valued
- Operate in an Agile test and learn culture – fail fast, learn quick!
- Have fun while you work – enjoy regular social and team activities
- RSL Queensland is relaxed but professional – dress for your day
- We are dog friendly – bring your fur baby to work!
- Everything you do contributes to a great cause: supporting Queensland’s veteran community
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply today.