Our client is a high profile government-owned corporation who operate across Australia with a head office based in Brisbane. With a well established brand and great reputation within their industry, they are leading the way in product safety and best practice communication to deliver key messages to market.
About the role:
- Convert a user stories into quality application code that will allow the user to meet the objectives as defined by the acceptance criteria.
- Release high quality code where bug fixes are kept to a minimum.
- Assist in growing delivery capability through an Agile-Scrum methodology.
As the Product Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Understanding customer requirements and how they translate in application features, including the ability to read and comprehend common designs, specifications, stories and wireframes that can then be translated to code.
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications and functionality through an Agile-Scrum methodology.
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines.
- Maintain a daily work log in Jira and accurately depict your activities during stand-ups and related meetings.
- Create unit test scripts, including the ability to conduct the appropriate manual functional and non-functional testing before launch.
- Troubleshoot and debug production web applications (frontend and backend) in a DevOps-focused business environment.
- Evaluate existing web application modules to reprogram, update and add new features.
- Adhere to organisational, governance and technical policies, standards and processes.
- Provide plain language advice on technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in full-stack web application development
- On the frontend using a functional programming paradigm, the ReactJS library and components styled using ‘Less’ compiled CSS, or styled using styled-components library. On the backend using an API-first entity-based programming paradigm and a NodeJS based server.
- Ability to develop new complex ReactJS UI components and maintain existing ReactJS components adhering to an internal style guide, and conventional props-based interface.
- Strong experience in the use of online enterprise software development and collaboration tools, including the Atlassian suite of Jira, Bamboo, Confluence and Bitbucket.
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile-Scrum environment using a DevOps methodology, with experience working in integrated teams and have a genuine interested in helping others.
- Ability to respect other professionals and their respective roles within a project, and work with a diverse range of cultures and personalities.
- Demonstrated commitment to a previous project or product, with the ability to stay focused during times of uncertainty and high-levels of demand in a customer focused work culture.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, we can't wait to hear from you! Please apply by submitting your application in word format and we'll come back to you shortly to discuss the role further.
For further information about this opportunity, please email Alex Birgan at Troocoo, ICT@troocoo.com or call on 07 0432 562 082 for a confidential discussion.