Troocoo is currently seeking a Senior or Principal Power Engineer to join our client’s team located in Brisbane.
Our client is a global multi-discipline consultancy that has a diverse industry focus in sectors including Advanced Technologies, Renewables, Mining, Rail, Power, Water and Infrastructure supporting both government and private sectors.
Due to a significant increase in workload our client is looking for a Principal Electrical Engineer with strong power systems experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Reporting to the team leader.
- Leading and training graduates and junior engineers.
- Working in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to clients, energy providers and regulators.
- Providing technical input to projects such as:
- Establishing or modifying existing connections,
- Power modelling using PSSE, ETAP, SKM PTW
- Transient voltage studies using EMTP
- Earthing Systems design and analysis
- HV transmission and distribution design, study and layouts
- Ensuing full compliance and safety are at the forefront of all decisions.
- Developing transient voltage studies
- Providing technical, professional and commercial oversight for engineering works undertaken within their market segments
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a power system engineer
- Minimum 3 years working in a leading role
- RPEQ or CPENG or the ability to obtain within 6 months is a must
- Experience in the design and interfacing of complex powers systems and control systems for HV environments
- Stipulating or integrating with control systems in an HV substations
- Strong stakeholder engagement abilities.
- Ideally you will be familiar with some or all the following software system systems:
- o SKM PTW
- o ETAP
- o PSSE
- o EMTP
- o CDEGS
- Strong understanding of the local electricity rules and regulations.
- In-depth knowledge of the NEM (National Energy Market)
- A strong sense of urgency for solving complex problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
A global multi-discipline organisation that operates with a purpose of making a difference.
- A values focused culture.
- Flexible workplace
- Team-centered work environment
- Competitive rates based on your experience
- Professional development and promotion opportunities
- Equal Opportunity Employer