Help change veterans’ lives for the better.
RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with Queensland’s Defence family for 103 years and has entered its second century of operations with renewed focus and vision. Their crucial welfare and well-being services are enriching the lives of contemporary veterans and their families through counselling, employment and homelessness services, education, rehabilitation and other programs and initiatives. They have also adopted cutting edge technologies to streamline operations and create opportunities for ongoing innovation.
Underpinning their welfare activities is funding from the RSL Art Union, the largest and most successful prize home lottery in Australia.
This is a rare opportunity to join a dynamic and progressive organisation and contribute to building a brighter future and enduring legacy for Australia’s veterans.
About the role
Reporting through to the Strategic Relationships Manager, we are currently recruiting for the role of Partnership Coordinator to lead and support a team of two; responsible for the contractual relationships with external stakeholders relating to veteran services. Working within this commercial and outcomes focused team, you will oversee the RSL Queensland Scholarship program while supporting the Strategic Relationships Manager, to identify, create and maintain critical internal and external relationships. This position is a critical role within the organisation. It is accountable for increasing the meaningful service offering to the Defence community through the ongoing management of the stakeholders. On a day to day basis you will be responsible for the following:
- Accountable for developing the partnership program agreements that align to RSL Queensland’s Partner Program strategy and RSL legal requirements;
- Accountable for the overall operational management of all contracted partners within the education and complementary therapy streams, including negotiating contractual terms within the required and approved contractual framework, contract renewals and incident response and review;
- Responsible for promoting the strengths and capabilities of each account and ensuring the wider Veteran Services team is aware of the profile of an individual that would benefit from engaging in a program;
- Liaise and manage recipients identified as high risk or not adhering to Scholarship Guidelines as required by the Partnerships Officer;
- Prepare annual budget forecasts for education and contracted partners;
- Accountable for the approval of sponsorship financial acquittals and authorising releases further releases of funds as per the contracted specifications;
- Responsible for the financial awards provided to scholarships to ensure aligned to approved Business Case;
- Responsible for identifying program participants and facilitators to be used for RSL brand promotions and promotions of specific program
- Project manage BAU initiatives between key stakeholders, ensure RSL strategy met, whilst coordinating the objectives of each stakeholder, negotiating outcomes where required, identifying and mitigating risks and coordinating the contracts;
- Support the development of new relationships identified by the Partnerships Officer
- Oversee development of engagement calendar, identifying opportunities with Marketing and the Partnerships Officer for RSL executives to engage with programs and generate media awareness of programs
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar contract manager role
- Degree qualified in business or legal disciplines
- Formal understanding of legalities of contracted relationships
- Proven ability to draft and understand contract development
- Ability to project manage new initiatives and oversee the projects delivery
- Ability to manage conflicts and maintain relationships with stakeholders during critical incidents
- Ability to leverage relationships to maximise return on investments and support wider department initiatives
- Proven ability to drive stakeholder engagement strategies and campaigns
- Proven ability to identify organisations and relationships that will serve the objectives of the department and meet organisational objectives
- Proficient at delivering presentations to large groups
- Queensland Open Drivers licence
- Capable of fulfilling travel requirements across Australia
RSL Queensland offer flexible work arrangements, provide a fully stocked kitchen and fridges plus their benefits hub. The benefits include:
- RSL Queensland values all voices – have an influence, be the difference!
- Work in an empowered workforce – your new ideas are encouraged, heard and valued
- Have fun while you work – enjoy regular social and team activities
- RSL Queensland is relaxed but professional – dress for your day
- We are dog friendly – bring your fur baby to work!
- Everything you do contributes to a great cause: supporting Queensland’s veteran community
Some organisations say it, but RSL Queensland really means it - you will truly be working amongst committed, passionate and talented professionals. Every day, you will push the envelope as we work together towards our goal of delivering a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families.
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply today.