Powerlink is a government owned corporation that owns and operates Queensland’s high voltage electricity transmission network. For more than 50 years Powerlink has been helping to power the State’s economy and enrich lifestyles for Queenslanders through its transmission network and delivering electricity to almost four million Queenslanders. Corporate headquarters based in Virginia on the northside of Brisbane provide a contemporary working environment for staff. Powerlink’s people strategy is focused on balanced leadership, values diverse backgrounds and fosters a culture of inclusion.
The Manager Corporate Finance is a role available for a fixed term contract until November 2021, with the possibility of further extension. The Manager Corporate Finance is responsible for proactively managing Powerlink’s debt strategy and working capital funding, credit rating management as well as providing the Management team with insightful financial information through provision of long-term financial modelling and detailed advanced analysis including risk management and pricing strategies.
- Lead and develop long term financial modelling and specialist analysis to support decision making events such as tenders, product development and pricing.
- Determine funding requirements to facilitate corporate financial strategic plans.
- Support non-regulated business units, developing and managing financial analysis, forecasting, pricing and financial risk policy.
- Identify, recommend and manage any alternative funding arrangements such as debt, leasing and special purpose vehicles.
- Lead regulatory management reporting processes and provide technical support to internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Support Regulated Pricing Team, Network Regulatory Group etc.) to enable the determination of Powerlink’s pricing, modelling, allowances and reporting, as required by the AER.
- Manage the submission of government and regulatory financial reporting requirements.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders such as Government inquiries, parliamentary updates, and maintain a close working relationship with Queensland Treasury and Queensland Treasury Corporation.
- Develop proposals of alternative commercial frameworks to meet current and future requirements.
- You will be Degree qualified in Finance, Accounting or Commerce or other relevant discipline
- CA/CPA qualified or other relevant commercial discipline
- Significant experience from reporting in a highly regulated environment
- Experience in providing commercially astute debt strategy, pricing and credit management, and financial modelling advice and reporting in a complex organisational environment.
- Ability to build credibility within the business
- Strong influencing skills and ability to build effective relationships
For more information please contact Nick Lemin on 07 3054 1125 or contact Nick by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Powerlink is an Equal Opportunity Employer