Level 2 Desktop Support Engineer
|Job Title:||Level 2 Desktop Support Engineer|
|Job Published:||May 21, 2021 17:45|
The company goals are to build a company that treats its customers fairly and with respect, meet high levels of compliance and reliability, and create rewarding careers for its employees. The culture is driven by ethics and integrity.
The IT Manager is now looking to hire his second direct report, a L1/2 Desktop Support Engineer.
This role has significant growth potential and will suit a career-minded technology support professional who is looking to advance their career over time. The role will have responsibility for desktop support, virtual desktop support and general Office IT requests.
There is also some AWS servers support and this will grow as time progresses. So there is likely room for career progression is to a Senior Engineer position.
• Ensure that all staff receive the highest level of service and are supported in line with the service level obligations.
• Assist in the support of all publicly available systems (webservers, MSSQL Servers and infrastructure servers) and helping to ensure they are available and operational during key business hours; ensure that support issues are handled professionally.
• Ensure that all internal PCs/Laptops and virtual desktops (AWS WorkSpaces) are available and operational during key business hours; ensure that support issues are handled professionally.
• Assist with the configuration, installation, maintenance, upgrade and support of all computer hardware/software used within AWS and within the Office and help guide the Information Technology solutions into the future.
• Assisting IT Staff in maintaining Patch Management Plans, including patching of servers and end user devices.
• Minimum of 1 year’s hands on experience systems administration in a growing environment.
• A basic working knowledge of AWS
• Linux and Windows server and Windows desktop administration experience in secure environments*
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to listen effectively, diagnose user problems and find investitive solutions by thinking “outside the square” of traditional IT infrastructure.
Experience from a true start up environment will be highly regarded.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a well-known international business and to play a key role in how technology will underpin the national business strategy.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, we can't wait to hear from you! Please apply by submitting your application in word format and we'll come back to you shortly to discuss the role further.
For further information about this opportunity, please email Gerard Creedon at Troocoo, email@example.com or call on 07 3054 1142 for a confidential discussion.