- Initial 12 month fixed term engagement
- Excellent remuneration package on offer
- Brisbane based position
- Commence June / July 2020
Our client is a genuine leader in the resources sector and has a long track record of achieving innovation which delivers high performance and improvements in all areas of mining and resources operations.
The role will be working on a greenfield cutting-edge project that focuses on digital enablement. Working as part of a highly experienced small project team, you will be an integral part of achieving successful outcomes. This role is based in the Brisbane CBD office, with some occasional travel to the Queensland travel.
- In this critical position as Lead Data Scientist you will interact with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments.
- Provide hypothesis and statistical modelling for the project
- Provide hands-on support as required in formulating a coherent cross-business approach and strategic/tactical plan for big data initiatives.
- Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Learning, adopting, leading and leveraging data science best practice to delivery quantitative improvements to the analytics and process modelling functions.
- Make recommendations for the collection of new data, or the refinement of existing data sources and storage by following best practice.
- Working with massive and complex data sets from multiple sources, utilising big data tools and techniques for the purposes of analysing, providing insight and validating hypotheses.
- Performing deep dive analysis of experiments through reliable modelling methods that include numerous explanatory variables and covariates.
- Translating analytical insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business, process or product improvements.
- You will possess a minimum of four years working in a commercial environment as a data scientist or related senior data analytics.
- Ideally you will have experience with software and languages such as Python, SQL, React. However not mandatory.
- You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of machine learning techniques/algorithms and common data science tool-kits.
- A proven ability to manipulate and analyse complex, high-volume, high dimensional data and metadata from varying sources.
- A proven ability to develop statistical and hypothesis modelling.
- Advanced skills in excel, including macros.
- Knowledge of analysis tools and big data technologies (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc), is desirable.
- Any experience or knowledge of mining or resources operations would be beneficial, but not mandatory.
If this feels like a match to your skills and experience and you are looking for a challenging position on a cutting-edge green field project, then we would like to hear from you. Please apply or contact the team at ICT@troocoo.com for a confidential discussion.