Brisbane CBD based
Oil and Gas sector
Our client / background to the role:
Our client is a growing presence and significant business within the Oil and Gas sector. Due to growth within the business, many functions are now expanding and operations of both corporate and field nature require exceptional resources.
This critical position of Head of Technology and Systems is responsible for a very broad technical and
operational remit that includes all functions within the IT environment and associated services across the whole business. This role will suit a very experienced Technology leader with skill in both delivery of operational excellence, as well delivering successful project and outcomes, often with the assistance of third party vendors. You will be innovative with the ability to be resourceful in driving great outcomes for the business. Reporting to the Commercial Officer, the role is Brisbane CBD based with occasional state based and international travel.
What you will be required to do in the role:
- Develop deliver and maintain the whole-of-business technology strategy
• Accountable for budgets and forecasting
• Manage outsourced technology contracts and develop these relationships as well identifying new strategic partnerships.
• Responsible for a wide range of processes including product development, project delivery, database management, and whole of business support
• Provide specialist support in relation to upstream oil and gas assets.
• Responsible for all system security and related matters.
• Responsibility for hardware and software acquisition and delivery of all related training.
- Maintain safe and healthy working environment by establishing and enforcing both business and industry standards
What you will need to be considered for the role
- Mandatory 5 years + Oil & Gas (preferred) or resources sector experience
- Minimum 5 years in a Senior Technology Leadership roles
Demonstratable experience and ideally certification in Project Management delivery eg Prince2, PMBOK, Agile.
- The ability to work across operations and projects
- Exceptional communication skills that mean you are as comfortable talking to an Oil Field Technician as you are delivering a strategy document to the executive committee.
- It is essential that you are hands-on technical and have a team / can do mentality.