The Sunshine Coast region is widely acknowledged as one of the most desirable places in the world to live, work and play. It’s set to become a leading regional economic powerhouse with a progressive approach to sustainable economic growth and outstanding opportunities, which are unrivalled elsewhere in Australia.
The Sunshine Coast Airport is the fastest growing Airport in Australia with year on year passenger growth. The expansion of the runway has enabled local businesses and tourism to flourish in one of South East Queensland’s most desired places to live. As the Sunshine Coast Airport continues to grow, the Sunshine Coast will be opened up to seamless travel from within Australia, the Pacific and Asia, while offering locals the opportunity to connect directly with domestic and international flights.
About the role
Due to growth and expansion within the Sunshine Coast Airport, an exciting newly created opportunity is now available for a Head of Corporate Relations to join the leadership team. Based in the Sunshine Coast and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head or Corporate Relations is accountable for the development and implementation of internal and external corporate communications strategies that identify, and proactively respond to, changes in the political arena and regulatory environment to support the realisation of Sunshine Coast Airport’s corporate purpose and vision.
As the Head of Corporate Relations, you will be responsible for negotiating positive political and media outcomes, stakeholder satisfaction and timely delivery of key project activities and development, implementation and management of Sunshine Coast Airport’s Media Strategy.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop and drive the business plan for the Group incorporating financial budget, statistical analysis and action plans and within this, ensuring the plan supports Sunshine Coast Airport’s corporate vision
- Devise and manage a dynamic government relations strategy across all levels of government; monitoring the regulatory environment and influencing legislation and policy development to increase support for Sunshine Coast Airport’s business activities
- Oversee the development and implementation of a community engagement program that addresses the needs of the public by providing information, consultation opportunities and promotes positive outcomes in regards to airport activities that interest and/or affect the broader community
- Develop and implement a key media strategy to influence local, state and federal publications
- Lead the proactive management of mass and social media activities; generating and influencing positive coverage and appropriately managing negative issues to maintain stakeholder confidence in the reputation of the Company and supporting its business and commercial activities
- Position Sunshine Coast Airport’s as a good corporate citizen by developing and implementing a sponsorship strategy that identifies and supports activities within the local community to highlight Sunshine Coast Airport’s company values and business activities
- Enhance Sunshine Coast Airport’s reputation, brand image and business by overseeing the promotion activities of the Company; creating and producing publications, promotional materials and supporting the company in building collaborative partnerships with tenants and other stakeholders by managing corporate events and functions
- Foster partnerships with key external stakeholders, including all levels of Government, key agencies and the media; ensuring Sunshine Coast Airport’s interests are represented and protected.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in similar roles with high exposure to media, government, issues and public affairs management
- High level of government and political experience – direct exposure to government and politics is preferred
- Understanding of both the political and government environments, processes and influences is essential
- Solid corporate experience in a similarly challenging, fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills, including media, speeches and community representation
- Must be based in or willing to relocate the Sunshine Coast region.
For further information please call Oliver Molinari, TROOCOO on 3054 1149.
Alternatively, if you are interested in the position, please apply below and we will make sure we will get back to your application shortly. Please ensure you submit your resume in word format through SEEK.
**Please note - Troocoo have been exclusively retained to manage this vacancy. Any direct or third party applications will be forwarded on to Troocoo for consideration.**
Applications close Thursday 30th of May 2019.
Thank you for your interest.